Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

The developer on the architectural plans is listed as "Stanford Homes", which as far as I can tell is just a small suburban builder primarily doing detached homes in Brampton. They did one condo at Yonge and Eglinton about 10 years ago.. No idea why they would be involved in a large project like this, and I doubt they will be the ones to actually build this. I expect a new developer with a new architect before this actually gets built.

Makes sense. The little tower looks like it's's straight out of Brampton/905. Someone get Shatner to scream "KirrrKorrr".

With a lovely little park and handsome heritage building there is a good opportunity here to build something richly urban and more in continuity with The Well, especially facing that intersection which will afford open views. I really hope they keep that suburban looking glass and spandrel crap south of Front, and something more sophisticated gets done here. Fingers crossed this gets passed along to more deft hands.

Please ignore the color, that will be changing... and the flair to the balconies is too much, I need to cut back on that a bit.

Your rendering of those towers actually looks better than the developers renderings. With the brownish,tan building and flaired balconies ! Why don't you submit them to the developer and see what happens?

We'll see...

This one is more realistic:

O3wh5CJ.png

I like the small tower with brick and rounded corners! It blends in with the Well development and the street scape area between the two parks. Might as well incorporate the same theme on the two other highrise towers . Using some brick and rounded corners. Lord knows we all ready alot of skyscrapers that look like those two towers proposed!

Agreed. Disappointed to see the original tower gone. However, I quite like the street presence of the new render. Front Street East has some really bad street-level condo walls and this is an improvement.

I will admit - I like the podium on this more than the original. Overall, it's a big step down.

Back