Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

Did they by any chance change the style of the building ? A believe I've seen other condos looking the same as this !

Not sure what happened at the meeting but the revised documents on the city site have 3 towers in this development

SW Corner - 26 storeys - 97.5m
NE Corner - 59 and 57 storeys off an 8 storey podium - 192.5m and 185.25m
Hmm? so they eliminated one bldg. the other one stays the same and the 2 taller towers are chopped by approx. 12 meters each

From the updated Architectural Plans dated March 1:

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...3724309&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

upload_2018-3-1_20-35-34.png

upload_2018-3-1_20-35-51.png

Kirkor - and not very inspiring.

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-1_20-35-34.png
    upload_2018-3-1_20-35-34.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 621
  • upload_2018-3-1_20-35-51.png
    upload_2018-3-1_20-35-51.png
    2 MB · Views: 639
That podium below the twin towers looks like pure garbage.

I think I like the idea of the podium on the Front/Spadina side which seems to be an attempt to play nice w/the heritage property to the north.

I'm not so clear on the execution, and it being KirKor does not fill one w/hope.

The podium on the north/east (twin tower) segment does look irredeemable.

The towers themselves aren't much to speak of either.

I like the small tower with brick and rounded corners! It blends in with the Well development and the street scape area between the two parks. Might as well incorporate the same theme on the two other highrise towers . Using some brick and rounded corners. Lord knows we all ready alot of skyscrapers that look like those two towers proposed!

I think I like the idea of the podium on the Front/Spadina side which seems to be an attempt to play nice w/the heritage property to the north..

The future looks good for this intersection with a good mix of office, commercial and residential
also don't forget a 20 storey office bldg. to be incorporated to the rear of that heritage structure
And maybe just maybe they build a building over top the future Metrolinx station @ the s/w corner

It's been a pretty dreary area....https://goo.gl/maps/Foy51K5mQSk

Last edited:
Are those two towers that Koops 65 created in a brownish tan look ? If so, it will give it a little twist of colour from the same old blue green look !

Please ignore the color, that will be changing... and the flair to the balconies is too much, I need to cut back on that a bit.

Back