Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

What an awesome proposal! Grocery is definitely needed in this area. Would have been better a bit more northeast but still better than nothing. The designs look pretty awesome near street level. Typical all around balconies are disappointing though, but at least the building has some movement to it.

I couldn't hear it perfectly, but at the meeting it was also mentioned (I think it was Peter Clewes) that the owners of the brick warehouse immediately south of Clarence Square, and the two-story hardware store/gym attached to it, are interested in redeveloping and/or converting to other uses, and that they might coordinate with them to create something coherent for the site. They said the two-story addition will probably go and be replaced by something new, but not too tall considering the impact it may have on Clarence Square. The brick warehouse (where I used to work, by the way) could be renovated/converted to something they didn't specify.

With this proposal and the Well across the street the bottom of Spadina is looking like it could be a fantastic area in the future.

What an incredible future Front/Spadina has if both this and The Well go forward. These two projects will obliterate the last of the 60s underused land to the west of Downtown. This area will no longer feel like the unwanted brussel sprouts pushed to the side of Toronto's plate.

I love it. Aspects of the towers seem to trump the M/G concept? The patterned glass calls to mind the Ryerson student centre on Yonge. Overall not very original but very solid, and with aA it will be high quality and well executed.

Again, hope the park will be rehabilitated.

Isn't there a gas station somewhere around here too?

I love it. Aspects of the towers seem to trump the M/G concept? The patterned glass calls to mind the Ryerson student centre on Yonge. Overall not very original but very solid, and with aA it will be high quality and well executed.

Yup, Petro Canada to the north west of Clarence Square.

The park was already redone recently, and yes the gas station is still nearby.

Really like the site plan - I am glad they didn't do anything nasty like building one giant podium across the entire, awkwardly shaped site.

AoD

I assume the warehouse will become retail. I'm also a little surprised they aren't going for greater height on Front street

F05DB300-5D1B-42DF-A240-E9AB91E8A2C5.png.jpeg

Attachments

• F05DB300-5D1B-42DF-A240-E9AB91E8A2C5.png.jpeg
    F05DB300-5D1B-42DF-A240-E9AB91E8A2C5.png.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,538
Looks great! Glad it's an interesting design, Should also really help to break up the 40 something story height plateau of the entertainment district.

Back