Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

From a distance, these will literally stand out from the rest of the Entertainment District, being ~40 metres taller.

Site Plan Approval application submitted:

Development Applications

Finally...this one has been painful🤐

From back in April/2015
400 FRONT ST W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal to construct four mixed-use towers, two towers on the north parcel (58 & 60 storeys) and two towers on the south parcel (24 and 25 storeys) with a total of 2,291 residential units with three levels of underground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 136961 STE 20 OZ Apr 7, 2015 Under Review

Screenshots from the Architectural plans. LINK: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=9l3DnSg4wLtql8FYWqBGJQ==

Colour
400-Front-W.jpg

26 storey tower
400-FrontW-site+massing.jpg

400-FrontW-massing.png

South and West Elevations
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 7.32.36 AM.png

Aren't those two towers to the west of the park as seen in the photos up above. Going to block the sun in the morning on the park below. It's funny that they would give the height to theses two towers. And not to other towers in the entertainment district.

Towers B and C are as bland as it can be architecturally...the smaller tower at the corner of Front and Spadina seems a bit cooler with its set backs, looking a bit more like a wavy building.

I always like for brick like podiums in this neighbourhood but not happening here. With these being one of the last parking lots to be redeveloped in the Entertainment District, corner building A is a-OK I guess....but would have been much better with design cues from the neighbourhood like how the Well does it

The residents of building B on the west side will have an unobstructed protected (by Clarence Square) sideline view all the way down Wellington West!

Last edited:
^^^ These illustrations are from Jan 2020
Well those are the arch docs in the link provided. Since the appeal to LPAT this summer was successful, I would venture these are current for the site-plan... I'll leave it to ferusian to reconfirm if he/she wishes.

Well those are the arch docs in the link provided. Since the appeal to LPAT this summer was successful, I would venture these are current for the site-plan... I'll leave it to ferusian to reconfirm if he/she wishes.
The images posted are from the rezoning. The Site Plan docs have not yet been uploaded. It's doubtful they'll be much different from these, but they aren't online yet.

Back