400 Front Street | 199m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
Slate doesn't do residential as far as I'm aware I wonder if they'll be a large office component to this one.

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm rather certain that State Building Group does residential projects in the past, including the 3 Hillside @ York Mills buildings, the 2 Promenade Park @ Thornhill buildings, and other ground housing in the 905s ...

Nonetheless, I'm too looking forward to development of this site ... hopefully there will be a good mix of office-retail-residential

Last edited:

dunkalunk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not saying that it was particularly realistic pipe dream, but I guess this sort of kills the prospect of connecting the western end of Wellington to Front at Spadina and converting both to One-Way operation between Spadina and Jarvis.

Wrenkin

Member Bio
Reaction score
I believe this lot was part of Steve Munro's suggested downtown relief construction plan, wasn't it?

mrxbombastic

Member Bio
Reaction score
I believe this lot was part of Steve Munro's suggested downtown relief construction plan, wasn't it?
Indeed it was. But without starting a tangential thread of discussion here, the prospective TBMs could easily continue to a future decomissioned bathurst GO Yard which would become asatellite Union station with TTC and GO stops.

argus

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wouldn't think that shadowing would be too much of an issue here given that the bulk of the site is north of Clarence Square.
Actually, the site is to the east and south of Clarence Square. The full impact of shadows is unknown at this time because there is nothing specific about what is to be proposed.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Like replacement of that awful new dog park fence with a higher quality one, wrought iron maybe? (Prays for canine intervention.)

Okay, I know, terrible wordplay…

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does that dog park still have the pebbles in it? My dog hated it

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
The site went through rezoning 10 years ago for two 20ish storey towers on 4 storey podiums. I suspect we'll see something significantly larger if State is considering rezoning.

Torontovibe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Like replacement of that awful new dog park fence with a higher quality one, wrought iron maybe? (Prays for canine intervention.)

Okay, I know, terrible wordplay…
One of my biggest pet peeves is that cheap quality fencing going up all around the city, not just in dog parks but also along sidewalks. Nothing beats good wrought iron, which continues to look great decades after it's built. Spending a little more upfront, saves a lot in maintenance over the long haul but sadly, our short sighted politicians only think in terms of 4 years, to the next election.

Let's hope Grange Park gets some good quality materials, instead of the cheap aluminum railings this local park got.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
One of my biggest pet peeves is that cheap quality fencing going up all around the city, not just in dog parks but also along sidewalks. Nothing beats good wrought iron, which continues to look great decades after it's built. Spending a little more upfront, saves a lot in maintenance over the long haul but sadly, our short sighted politicians only think in terms of 4 years, to the next election.

Let's hope Grange Park gets some good quality materials, instead of the cheap aluminum railings this local park got.
I agree with you however, you can't get anymore maintenance free than the fencing they are using. It's a lot more too. IIRC, four times more.

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does that dog park still have the pebbles in it? My dog hated it
A lot better then wood chips ... which caused my dog to blow her knee out. (they had attempted to level a park with wood chips .. and poor dog caught her paw stuck in a hole and turned 90 degrees). I'm actually surprised they put a dog park there.