Toronto 4 Beamish Drive | 143.7m | 44s | Amdev | Graziani + Corazza

The property owner is listed as “Amdev (Beamish) Limited Partnership” in the cover letter and the ownership contact is an email with @amdevproperty.com. I'm guessing it's Amdev.

"Triage Development Corp c/o Craig Hunter" is the agent for the application, and it is routine for the planner to be the agent. Why Craig isn't using the Hunter+Associates' corporation as the agent, I'm not sure.. Also not sure why Brook McIlroy is writing the planning application here.

Right you are. I misread the form. I stand corrected.

Will this tower be all residential or will it have a retail component at the base of the building?

Agreeed. I've been forced to have it on multiple occasions due to it being one of the only options in the area. It isn't forgettable though because right after I finish eating it I always regret how much I paid for it.

And dont even get me started on Dundas Street Grill..
If you need a good burger there's a Wendy's literally across the street.

And agreed, Dundas Grill missed an opportunity when they closed to "reno" this year.

35-storey condo proposed for three-house lot in south Etobicoke

A 35-storey condominium is proposed to replace three, two-storey homes occupied by professional and medical offices on a short residential street in south Etobicoke.

Etobicoke York Community Council recently endorsed city planners’ recommendations to schedule a community consultation meeting on Triage Development Corporation's development application.

Landowners and residents within 120 metres of the property at 4, 6 and 8 Beamish Dr. in the Bloor Street West and Kipling Avenue area will receive notice of the community consultation meeting, as will additional residents, institutions and owners as determined in consultation with Etobicoke-Lakeshore Councillor Mark Grimes.

JUST THE FACTS

• The proposed condominium would include 329 residential units – 64 per cent would be one-bedroom, 25 per cent would be two-bedroom and 11 per cent would be three-bedroom.

• There would be 171 parking spaces and 252 bicycle spaces.

• Issues identified to be evaluated include: appropriateness of the proposed building height, siting, scale and massing (meaning general shape, form and size); relationship to adjacent properties; and wind and shadow impacts on the public realm.

It's preposterous that they would only develop 3 homes on that street. How can this be allowed? There are still 2 and 3 houses north and south remaining. And who are the other landowners that did not sell their existing houses on that street? The city should enforce stricter planning not to allow such a mish mash of buildings and single storey homes together.

It's preposterous that they would only develop 3 homes on that street. How can this be allowed? There are still 2 and 3 houses north and south remaining. And who are the other landowners that did not sell their existing houses on that street? The city should enforce stricter planning not to allow such a mish mash of buildings and single storey homes together.
All of the houses on Beamish were converted to office uses long ago, so there are no abutting residences that will need to be concerned with overlook from a new tall building beside them. Anyone who owns any lot can submit a planning proposal for it, and the City cannot stop that. The City can say no to a planning application if it does not meet some or all of their criteria, and we have yet to see what will happen here. There's a reasonable chance that the City will ask for revisions to the plan here, but I would be surprised if they would or could reject redevelopment here outright.

All of the houses on Beamish were converted to office uses long ago, so there are no abutting residences that will need to be concerned with overlook from a new tall building beside them. Anyone who owns any lot can submit a planning proposal for it, and the City cannot stop that. The City can say no to a planning application if it does not meet some or all of their criteria, and we have yet to see what will happen here. There's a reasonable chance that the City will ask for revisions to the plan here, but I would be surprised if they would or could reject redevelopment here outright.

Any rejection or reduction here would be shocking considering it's in the heart of ECC...

unnamed.jpg

Typical Graziani + Corazza dreck.

I would love to say that I will never allow them to come into my home area and ruin it with their lazy, horrid designs but it looks like they've long set their eyes on ruining another area in Etobicoke. Words arent enough to describe how much I hate this firm.

the building design does suck but the density is appropriate for the area that they are building as it's right beside the new six points intersection...

Back