Toronto 4 Beamish Drive | 143.7m | 44s | Amdev | Graziani + Corazza

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
4 BEAMISH DR
Ward 03 - Etob. York District

Proposed 35 storey residential tower consisting of 329 dwelling units and a below grade parking garage.

Currently this:

I think it's really bland and forgettable.

Agreeed. I've been forced to have it on multiple occasions due to it being one of the only options in the area. It isn't forgettable though because right after I finish eating it I always regret how much I paid for it.

And dont even get me started on Dundas Street Grill..

Cover letter and application form both indicate "Triage Development Corp" and mention Craig Hunter. I think this is the same consulting planner Craig Hunter of Hunter & Associates. The cover letter is signed by Saba Haie, whose LinkedIn says he is a Planner at Hunter & Associates. The planning rationale is by a different firm (BrookMcIlroy) which makes sense; a developer should not write their own planning rationale, even when possessing the requisite expertise.

Here is the ownership information. Looks like there is some non-upfront-cash consideration happening for 4 & 6 Beamish, such as a density bonus structure or shared equity structure with the previous landowners. If true, this helps the IRR and helps reduce the tax burden.

EDIT: Typos

Last edited:
Well now that we know it's G+C, we can say with 100% certainty that this development will be nothing but sheer garbage. I'm guessing it will be their signature black/white alternating balcony treatment trash.

Despite being a small site (19,500 SF / 0.44 ac / 1,811 m2) has an exceptionally efficient garage layout and a good ground floor loading and garage ramp configuration from a single curb cut.

On what basis do you conclude that? This name "Amdev" is not listed as a property owner, nor on the application materials above, nor is anything on their website. What is Amdev and why do you think this is their site?
The property owner is listed as “Amdev (Beamish) Limited Partnership” in the cover letter and the ownership contact is an email with @amdevproperty.com. I'm guessing it's Amdev.

"Triage Development Corp c/o Craig Hunter" is the agent for the application, and it is routine for the planner to be the agent. Why Craig isn't using the Hunter+Associates' corporation as the agent, I'm not sure.. Also not sure why Brook McIlroy is writing the planning application here.

Back