Toronto 3C Waterfront | ?m | ?s | 3C Lakeshore | Foster + Partners

will this project interfere with the don lands redevelopment or is it going to be incorporated into it?
It's quite separate, though adjacent, and the new alignment of Cherry Street will be over what was once seen as the eastern end of the site (if not this specific project.)

Crazy Densityo_O:cool:

Application Number:
05 171818 STE 28 OZ
Application Type:
OPA & Rezoning
Date Submitted:
17/08/2005
OMB Appeal
Description:
To build a mixed use bldg comprising a retail store, home improvement centre (Home Depot) and residential bldg (six apartment bldgs containing 33-55 storey bldgs).

Gee 23 years later and the big box store got its way
.....Who remembers this?

A home of their own in Tent City​

"Okay," they said, "you're the last two to be evicted." I said, "We're being evicted?" I went out and walked up to one of the police officers who used to stop at Tent City and talk with us sometimes. "What's going on?" I asked. "Why are you evicting us?" And he says, "We're not evicting you. Home Depot is evicting you. That's why their security guards are here. We're here to make sure everything is peaceful.".

More.... https://www.thestar.com/news/2007/04/08/a_home_of_their_own_in_tent_city.html

Last edited:

Application Number:
05 171818 STE 28 OZ
Application Type:
OPA & Rezoning
Date Submitted:
17/08/2005
OMB Appeal
Description:
To build a mixed use bldg comprising a retail store, home improvement centre (Home Depot) and residential bldg (six apartment bldgs containing 33-55 storey bldgs).
Might wanna check the date submitted on that one!

Application Number:
05 171818 STE 28 OZ
Application Type:
OPA & Rezoning
Date Submitted:
17/08/2005
OMB Appeal
Description:

Gee 23 years later and the big box store got its way
.....Who remembers this?

A home of their own in Tent City​

"Okay," they said, "you're the last two to be evicted." I said, "We're being evicted?" I went out and walked up to one of the police officers who used to stop at Tent City and talk with us sometimes. "What's going on?" I asked. "Why are you evicting us?" And he says, "We're not evicting you. Home Depot is evicting you. That's why their security guards are here. We're here to make sure everything is peaceful.".

More.... https://www.thestar.com/news/2007/04/08/a_home_of_their_own_in_tent_city.html
Why bring up such old news again? Are you just surprised to have seen the towers in with that Home Depot plan? I just don't want this to create a pile of confusion in this thread.

Re-submission docs now up on AIC, dated three weeks ago. Skimming through the docs, it's clear the proponent has been working diligently with the various City and WT partners, especially as regards the movement on the Lower Donlands and Gardiner East 'hybrid' planning and how this work integrates therein.

This project's been so long in its evolution that I can't recall the specifics of many aspects; either way, it is now conceived as a multi-phase endeavour.

Phase 1 (Block PL1, highlighted in blue):
Did they remove this document from the DevApp portal? :(

Are the docs under the fourth link (16 271924 STE 28 SB OMB Appeal 30/12/2016) not the ones you're looking for?

I was looking through that link because the newest site plan approval is for just the office tower.

I don't see any block plan or architectural documents in the OMB appeal link, while the planning report is dated to 2016. ADRM's post is from 2018, which might mean there were documents posted around then that have since been removed? No documents are dated to 2018 in that link.

I was looking through that link because the newest site plan approval is for just the office tower.

I don't see any block plan or architectural documents in the OMB appeal link, while the planning report is dated to 2016. ADRM's post is from 2018, which might mean there were documents posted around then that have since been removed? No documents are dated to 2018 in that link.
Fair enough. They would have been associated with that Draft Plan of Subdivision, but if there was an update that's lost, or if there was a ZBL amendment that followed for the whole area, maybe that's been withdrawn?

Larger rendering images of the design that began circulating back in 2019 a couple pages ago in this thread, along with some overhead views of the site:

bend.jpg
bend2.jpg
bend3.jpg
bend4.jpg
bend5.jpg
bend6.jpg
bend7.jpg
bend8.jpg
bend9.jpg

Back