Toronto 383 Sorauren Avenue | 33.83m | 10s | Gairloch | a—A

really happy w the way this has turned out. probably the best mid-rise proposal i have seen in this city.

March 24

Is the paper covering the windows for the sales centre for people like us haha?

IMG_5222_zpsb3a1df7b.jpg

IMG_5224_zpsae018740.jpg

IMG_5226_zpsc1780656.jpg

IMG_5229_zps153facc2.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what this area is like with train noise coming from the railway so close by ... especially with GO diesel trains which I hear can be extremely loud in the afternoon when they're going uphill

Edit: And the open house is next weekend, Apr. 13-14

Last edited:
a good read thanks. nice looking building model. I've never seen wood used like that for a scale model

Pre-hearings are just to establish who all the parties are, when they will be available for the hearing, and what issues are to be argued.

I have an idea that Gord Perks and the complainers here have little to back up their position.

Pre-hearings are just to establish who all the parties are, when they will be available for the hearing, and what issues are to be argued.

I have an idea that Gord Perks and the complainers here have little to back up their position.

Well, I don't mean to come off as an ass, but I sure hope they have little to back up their position!
I wouldn't want to see a good looking building like this get neutered.

The issues? Well the folks in the loft to the south sure don't like their views being destroyed... :p

The street is a traffic nightmare during rush hour. The million dollar home owners sure won't like more dogs competing for poo stations at Sorauren Park! The building will loom over the BMWs, Volvos and nannies of the neighbourhood. The area children?! They might be brainwashed into thinking that some people live in concrete boxes.....

Yes, there are many problems!

(In reality, the biggest problem may be: will enough units get sold so construction can begin?)

Can you blame them? Put yourselves in their shoes. All of a sudden no more view.

Yes I can blame them, this happens all over the place. The city would never have density if we were always concerned about blocking another units view.

I hope this building gets approved.

You're talking about density on a residential street. There doesn't need to be this level of density where it's just nice two story homes and lawns everywhere and then boom two buildings within 20 feet of each other. It's ridiculous. I hope it doesn't get approved in it's current form. And hey if it does, I hope they enjoy the new Airport Express noisily zooming behind them shaking the building every 12 minutes. You'd have to be crazy to buy right beside these tracks. It's about to become a train expressway.

Back