Toronto 383 Sorauren Avenue | 33.83m | 10s | Gairloch | a—A

Let's hope the building actually stays this way. It seems like City Planning and members of the community were putting a lot of pressure on the developer to to reduce the height of the exterior brick grid.

383 SORAUREN AVE
OPA / Rezoning 12 264111 STE 14 OZ Ward 14
- Tor & E.York Oct 17, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of an existing industrial single storey non-residential building to a mixed use 11 storey mixed-use building having 160 residential units with two storey townhouses integrated into the first two floors of the building with garden terraces, 95 vehicular parking below grade, 12027m2 of total residential space and 137m2 of non-residential space

lolz, I know ppl that live in RWL. That place is filled with single 20-30something women who probably will always remain single...as long as they live there.

Not sure if serious or not, but all those 'single women' are lesbians with partners. RWL is a known lesbian building. :)

This building seems like a great fit to an already amazing place to live. I think that the building and added residents are likely to add value to surrounding properties as the neighbourhood continues to grow.

It's an amazing building, unless you bought in 363 Sorauren with a North view, in which case you now will look directly across at a brick wall or into your neighbour's window. Ridiculous. Come to think of it, anyone in 383 Sorauren on the first 5 floors with a South view will also be staring directly into neighbouring apartments not 30 feet away! Crazy.

City living i guess. lots of other conditions like this throughout the city. at least RWL residents who knowingly bought a condo looking onto/over a large/obvious redevelopment site will get to look at a architecturally impressive building. Also nice for future buyers at 383 Sorauren...if you gonna have to look into a building...RWL is a good one to look at. (the heritage section at least)

Also nice for future buyers at 383 Sorauren...if you gonna have to look into a building...RWL is a good one to look at. (the heritage section at least)

Yeah, it's an amazing brick wall to stare at. They're so lucky to have this 20 feet from their windows.

photo.JPG

ps. guess which unit was mine.

didn't say they were lucky...just that the heritage portion of your building is nice looking. wouldn't it be 36 ft b/w the two buildings? 5.5m setback on each property between facing windows?
Are you the Conservative supporter that bought a condo looking onto a under-utilized redevelopment site and are now concerned about your view?

I'm long gone from there. So couldn't care less about the view, but feel bad for thsoe still there. You can't blame them and say, "Well you know that place was going to be convereted into an 11 story apartment 36 feet from your bedroom windows." Heck it's ugly Little Portugal, there's no reason that wouldn't stay a roofing place forever.

The 2 years I was there I must have got a roofing nail in my tire every few months. It was ridiculous. And the whole area hates cars and any material show of success so best to just keep a hidden patchouli oil collection or something instead.

One very real thing to worry about for new residents of 383 Sorauren is that the new Airport train will be running 10 feet behind their building ever 3 minutes forever. Little bit of noise and pollution then.

You can't blame them and say, "Well you know that place was going to be convereted into an 11 story apartment 36 feet from your bedroom windows." Heck it's ugly Little Portugal, there's no reason that wouldn't stay a roofing place forever.

You lived in a nicely revitalized loft building in an up and coming area and you still suggest that the next door parking lot wouldn't be developed? Yeah, when I move into a new successful building and notice hundreds of houses around me being renovated and improved, beautiful houses, tree lined streets, interesting small businesses opening, a rapidly changing area that used to be one of Toronto's worst to my south, High Park close by to the west, one of the best commercial strips in the city a stroll away, and pretty close to the subway and extremely close to the streetcar, I think, nah, no one else is going to want to live here. I mean it is ugly! People there hate success.

Last edited:
One very real thing to worry about for new residents of 383 Sorauren is that the new Airport train will be running 10 feet behind their building ever 3 minutes forever. Little bit of noise and pollution then.

It'll be one every 12 minutes - based on 140 trips per day

Saw an updated render of this - the brick is a lot darker - even darker than the new addition of RWL and it has black stone around the ground floor level

but running 2 ways, so one will pass by every 6 minutes. still not 3 minutes, but also still extremely frequent. Let's just hope metrolinx gets it's transit tax so it can be electrified fairly quickly.

Back