Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

Speaking of students, the lack of >2BR units here kind of seems like a missed opportunity (or perhaps a deliberate attempt to discourage large groups of students?). People are always complaining about the lack of large "family sized" condos, and developers are always saying "buyers don't want 'em". But surely 3-4 BR units a block from Ryerson would be attractive to students looking to share a place?

The developer has put in an app. to demolish this building as part of this development.

churchdemo.jpg

The developer has put in an app. to demolish this building as part of this development.

The building is in pretty sad shape but I always ask myself, when will this stop and what incentive is there to keep these buildings in good shape when they can get torn down so easily because they are so poorly maintained and sit on prime property.

Last edited:

i'd say that's a good thing since those buildings look fairly neglected, although alot of elbow grease might make the right one redeeming.

if the developer gets the whole block, do you think there will be more than 1 building?!?

Total renovation of the first floor facade, restoration to its original red brick, and new windows and shutters would restore this building back to decency. But decades of neglect has made this building irrelevant from any public pressure to maintain the building as part of possible facadectomy. Church Street, south of MLG is pretty forgettable right now so hopefully this is the beginning of new developments for this area.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Examiner's Notice Sent

TORONTO ON M5B 1Z9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 261742 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 23, 2011

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one ground sign, containing two sign faces, each with static copy and each 3.66 metres wide by 5.18 metres long and at a height of 6.4 metres, at the south-westerly corner of the premises and fronting Church Street, in conjunction with the sales and marketing of a new residential condominium building to be located on the premises. **Menkes** 365 Church**

true, but the colour pattern doesn't follow roygbv, it's just colourful.

I think the colorful logo is an obvious demographic draw. If they were to do a roygbiv logo it would be way too blatant. im sure they want to attract people of all lifestyles. although the color scheme certainly shows a main target group, It would seem they altered the color pattern slightly so as not to alienate potential buyers with less open minds.

I think the colorful logo is an obvious demographic draw. If they were to do a roygbiv logo it would be way too blatant. im sure they want to attract people of all lifestyles. although the color scheme certainly shows a main target group, It would seem they altered the color pattern slightly so as not to alienate potential buyers with less open minds.

lol not sure the slight alteration will succeed in serving this purpose!

lol not sure the slight alteration will succeed in serving this purpose!
also not sure it will succeed in serving that purpose. great marketing strategy either way...at least for the area.

I'm still pissed that those buildings have to come down, isn't the parking lot big enough? The sandwich place is closed and boarded up now.

Back