Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

Yikes. Can't remember what was here before, but maybe we can still go back to that. Hopefully Alter next door draws the eye away from this crap fest.

What is the purpose of the blank wall fronting onto McGill street? That seems needlessly deadening. The renders all seem to hide that angle.

you mean Granby? there is no blank wall facing McGill.

As for why, there is a small holdout property to the north between the development and Granby. Its a peculiar situation, it appears that the owner refused to sell but agreed to let the development use the property as staging for 365 Church, provided it is rebuilt as a 3 storey building afterwards. The blank wall is there becuase it is a 0m lotline setback onto the holdout property.

This grey spandrel is dreadful. It's so sterlizing and boring. People are so afraid of colour that they settle for bland. What kind of statement does that make?

I get sad every time I see this thread is updated under "New Posts." What a mess.

This grey spandrel is dreadful. It's so sterlizing and boring. People are so afraid of colour that they settle for bland. What kind of statement does that make?

I will never understand this city's hard on for grey and overall dreary design. This coming from a guy who loves grey and black. I just want to finally see someone build a bright red tower.

Yesterday:
Screen shot 2016-08-20 at 12.55.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-08-20 at 12.55.05 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-08-20 at 12.55.05 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 915
I had high expectation for it, but turns out very cheap and mass-produced. The tower is even more disappointing than the podium. ugh!!!!

Ya it's really bad. It's like when you brush your teeth really hard and your gums bleed. Looks like the sink afterwards - gross, bloody, frothy toothpaste. (Sorry for that image)

Same bad colour combo as that disappointment at Jarvis and shuter.

Poor Church Street can't catch a break. Ugh!
That box on the SE corner of Carlton and Church is vile, as is the brick monstrosity to its south. This new building will fit right in.

Poor Church Street can't catch a break. Ugh!
That box on the SE corner of Carlton and Church is vile, as is the brick monstrosity to its south. This new building will fit right in.

Sad but true. Church St. is a dump, south of Carlton. IMHO, Reid Rossi totally missed the mark on his OMB decision here, and the fugliness of the cladding on this POS adds insult to injury. I prayyyyyy that The Village doesn't get swallowed up by this kind of garbage development.

Back