Toronto Gerrard-Carlaw North | ?m | ?s | Choice Properties | Hariri Pontarini

HousingNowTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Honestly, would be happy to see this one be delayed or deferred until Infrastructure Ontario can BUY-OUT or expropriate that whole-corner to turn all of it from the LCBO to Pape into a "Transit-Oriented Community" site... for the Ontario Line station.

1646264241340.png

Honestly, would be happy to see this one be delayed or deferred until Infrastructure Ontario can BUY-OUT or expropriate that whole-corner to turn all of it from the LCBO to Pape into a "Transit-Oriented Community" site... for the Ontario Line station.

View attachment 382863
I imagine this must be in the works... There's so many tracts of land near that station that are begging for redevelopment. Can't wait to see what's in store. What's there now is terrible.

View attachment 382863

I would lament the loss of all the fine grain retail spaces at the corner though. Perhaps they could be retained with a new build taking up the rest of the site.

View attachment 382863

I don't believe Mx is going to be assembling any of this for the O/L

The Draft EA shows the footprint of the station on the north/west side , with the station box as it were, directly over the Gerrard/Carlaw intersection.

1646320082046.png

North is to the right in the above image.

As you can see the station and tracks will impact the plaza w/the No Frills, not anything on the south side.

I don't believe Mx is going to be assembling any of this for the O/L

The Draft EA shows the footprint of the station on the north/west side , with the station box as it were, directly over the Gerrard/Carlaw intersection.

North is to the right in the above image.

As you can see the station and tracks will impact the plaza w/the No Frills, not anything on the south side.
I was specific about Infrastructure Ontario - rather than MetroLinx in my comments. The Provincial (LCBO) lands are already adjacent to the Project-Footprint and the majority of that triangle... looking for them to improve their footprint to maximize their triangle. ToC's do not have to be within the Ontario Line station lands (*see EAST HARBOUR).

That said, the whole No Frills surface parking lot needs to become a ToC too. ;)

1646332382912.png

Wow! I shouldn’t have move from Riverdale to Leslieville.

LOL. Just wait til you see what's coming to Leslieville! Be patient!

PS, you already have the Ashbridge site, (former public housing) which should be quite decent Also, if heritage doesn't mess it up, the nice proposal for the former Soy Sauce plant.

But much more is in the pipe.

LOL. Just wait til you see what's coming to Leslieville! Be patient!

PS, you already have the Ashbridge site, (former public housing) which should be quite decent Also, if heritage doesn't mess it up, the nice proposal for the former Soy Sauce plant.

But much more is in the pipe.

Yup, "much more is in the pipe" is 100% ---- calling this CHOICE site "Gerrard-Carlaw NORTH" is a bit of a tell... considering the Province via LCBO also owns a good chunk of was could be called "Gerrard-Carlaw SOUTH" at that same future Transit-Hub.

1669176668248.png

1669176572554.png

OHHH I can't wait! In. Thank you! My fantasy priorities are the large swaths of land in and around Eastern Ave, and Leslie Street especially the junk yards, car wash, Loblaws and Fresh co. lands, Plus the proposed 'Cadillac' lands at 721 Eastern and all those propertied. All very large pieces of properties. Plus Gerrard Square too!

1669775935390.png

1669775982022.png

1669776015881.png
1669776058177.png

1669776264130.png

1669776330849.png

1669776354135.png

1669776678419.png

1669776695430.png

Images from tonight's public OPEN HOUSE - Towers are massed at 30 to 40 storeys.

260 people on the call.

Affordable Housing question to kick-off the Q & A.

IO = "No Affordable Housing number to share today"

NO FRILLS will close in 2024/2025 - for station work.

Residential Construction will not start until 2030 - after the station is complete.

View attachment 442020
View attachment 442021
View attachment 442022View attachment 442023
View attachment 442024
View attachment 442025
View attachment 442026
View attachment 442027
View attachment 442028

Images from tonight's public OPEN HOUSE - Towers are massed at 30 to 40 storeys.

260 people on the call.

Affordable Housing question to kick-off the Q & A.

IO = "No Affordable Housing number to share today"

NO FRILLS will close in 2024/2025 - for station work.

Residential Construction will not start until 2030 - after the station is complete.

Park configuration is bizarre.

Again reads as leftover space.

The total area isn't bad, and if added to the POPS space would be utterly grand.

But as configured you can't put a sports field on it.

Why should the road cut on this angle?

I get it as a minor convenience for motorists...but if the road runs as a minor expansion/re-alignment of Langley you get a better space.

In order to create a usable park............we really need guidelines. Not rules! Flexibility is important...........but the guidelines should say, a park must be 150m wide by 125M long, minimum for each dimension.

That's what creates room for a soccer pitch, plus adjacent pathways.

If a smaller space with just a playground makes sense, that's fine! But do justify that based on the data!

Last edited:

Back