Toronto 351 Queen East | 96.55m | 28s | ONE Properties | Kirkor Architects

Also a few a bit further in the west end at King and Strachan and queen/walnut, though those aren't downtown in the classical sense.

Oh, and Bathurst/Lake Shore.

I don't believe this gas station is included in this case however.

The Wellesley / Jarvis station is a huge improvement, about as good as one can expect for an "urban"gas station I think. Certainly the best in the core.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4345953&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

161 PARLIAMENT ST, 167 PARLIAMENT ST, 80 B POWER ST, 90 POWER ST, 92 POWER ST, 94 POWER ST, 351 QUEEN ST E, 363 QUEEN ST E, 371 QUEEN ST E, 373 QUEEN ST E

161 PARLIAMENT ST
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal to permit the development of a residential/mixed-use building that is comprised of a 6 storey base building with street level retail uses, a 16 storey residential mid-rise element and a 29 storey residential tower element. The development has a gross floor area of (44361m2) including (3736m2) of retail uses divided over 2 levels. There will be a total of 584 dwelling units and a 300m2 parkette that is proposed at the Queen Street East and Power Street intersection.

It's a shame 371 and 373 Queen E are included in the assembly. They're not glamorous but are quintessential Queen E, and it'd be a shame to lose the block's last remaining architectural connection to the neighbourhood, especially if replaced by just another blockbusting podium.

OPA & Rezoning. Another gas station bites the dust.

It looks like, as was pointed out above, the Shell station stays for now. 161 Parliament St is the the two story house withe the psychic reader. The Shell is 548 Richmond St East.

But I agree. This is a bit too much of a hulking mess.

Architect is Kirkor:
upload_2018-4-13_18-30-50.png

upload_2018-4-13_18-31-50.png

upload_2018-4-13_18-33-7.png

upload_2018-4-13_18-35-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-13_18-30-50.png
    upload_2018-4-13_18-30-50.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,808
  • upload_2018-4-13_18-31-50.png
    upload_2018-4-13_18-31-50.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 937
  • upload_2018-4-13_18-33-7.png
    upload_2018-4-13_18-33-7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 878
  • upload_2018-4-13_18-35-8.png
    upload_2018-4-13_18-35-8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 876
While aesthetically it's probably the best thing Kirkor has ever done, the scale of it is OUTRAGEOUSLY out of scale with Corktown and with this stretch of Queen Street. That first render really tells the whole story, even with those (odd) setbacks stepping back from Queen St.

Nothing more than a developer money-grab. Thank God the OMB doesn't exist for this crap.

Looks the same as the building going up next to the Lighthouse condo by the harbourfront. Needs a glass atrium etc. on the rooftop to get rid of the cube look !

While aesthetically it's probably the best thing Kirkor has ever done, the scale of it is OUTRAGEOUSLY out of scale with Corktown and with this stretch of Queen Street. That first render really tells the whole story, even with those (odd) setbacks stepping back from Queen St.

Nothing more than a developer money-grab. Thank God the OMB doesn't exist for this crap.

^^^^ This Exactly. I can't say it any better.

This is horrible! It will completely dominate the whole area and it's just a lousy design, not to mention it brings another grey building to the city and we need more grey like a hole in the head!

Taller buildings coming to the south and west. Tall buildings already exist directly to the northwest. I have no problem with it. And I like the setbacks. Ideally it will be black and white (not grey).

Home on Power, East United and 301 Queen all in the area with similar heights

I like that last render; even with lowering the opacity the difference in scale and the massive shadow cast on St. Paul's is blatantly obvious. -and that's the top of the campanile, never mind the height of the actual church or the surrounding buildings. Like modernizt noted, aesthetically the building ain't so bad, but man is it ever out of scale.

Back