Toronto 351 Queen East | 96.55m | 28s | ONE Properties | Kirkor Architects

The land in question

jwzq0aj.jpg

Remediation costs on gas stations aren't always cheap, much easier to work around them, plus it would be the last piece of the assembly in this case, and therefore likely the most expensive.

The assembly is already too big. What a bland, boring development. Greenpark would be envious. At least they attempted to add some interest to the pedestrian experience with their other multi-tower podium site in the area. It's just all sad how far we've dropped from the Mozos and East Lofts.

At first blush, far too hulking.

Doesn't fit even in an illusory way w/its neighbours or context.

Podium is too tall.

Podium needs more variation to break it up a bit.

At the tower levels, I'm unimpressed, though, I've seen far worse.

But just the sheer mass, combined with an irreconcilably incongruous, domineering, yet bland podium......ugh, send it back.

At this rate, I wonder if there will even be any gas stations left in the core by 2020. Off the top of my head the only ones left would be the 2 at King @ Spadina, Sherbourne @ Front, Dundas @ Church, and Richmond @ Jarvis.

At this rate, I wonder if there will even be any gas stations left in the core by 2020. Off the top of my head the only ones left would be the 2 at King @ Spadina, Sherbourne @ Front, Dundas @ Church, and Richmond @ Jarvis.

Also the recently...ummm..."renovated" station at Jarvis and Wellesley o_O

Back