Toronto 350 Davenport | 29.56m | 8s | BBB

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3755452&isCofASearch=false

350 DAVENPORT RD
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

The proposed building will include a ground floor retail with mezzanine that will have an overall GFA of 189sm. The rest of the building will contain 8 storeys of residential units with an overall total of 6 units that's a combined total GFA of 1472sm. Each floor will contain one unit of approximately 200sm on average of at least a 2+Den with the top two floors containing 2 storeys of a residential unit with 3 bedroom.

Last edited:
Design by BBB Architects

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=4b4452cc66061410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

F8I1isI.jpg

This one is going to be very slim. It will only replace the grey house:
Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.58.03 PM.png

Image retrieved from Google Streetview
Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.54.41 PM.png

Image via the Site Plan Approval

Davenport is exploding. There's so many projects popping up all along that stretch south of Dupont.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.54.41 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.54.41 PM.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,033
  • Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.58.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-16 at 7.58.03 PM.png
    872 KB · Views: 2,054
Woah...that's awesome. Regardless of the final design (it is a little difficult to tell the quality of the design just from that render + elevation drawing), it'll be cool to have something so slim.

It would be nice if the City complemented all the coming private development by upgrading the butt-ugly public realm along Davenport from around Bay to Dupont. Maybe they could get rid of the circa-1905 wooden hydro poles, bury the wires, widen the sidewalks and do a bike lane at the expense of the one lane of traffic each way normally dedicated to parking, and plant some sidewalk-level trees in proper underground enclosures that might let them survive beyond a couple of years. It's not a huge distance so it would be affordable, even by this City's standards. Though being Toronto, I guess there are a lot of reasons why this would be impossible.

Why would they choose this stretch to do that over any other part of the city? The only areas that get significant public realm upgrades come when local BIAs raise a fair bit of money and convince the City to put some up too.

Davenport is in much better shape than Dupont, to be honest. I'd rather see that street have some work done first.

Davenport is in much better shape than Dupont, to be honest. I'd rather see that street have some work done first.

A small stretch of Davenport is considered "upper Yorkville", the rest of Davenport that goes towards Davenport and Dupont is still very shabby, the stretch near blinds to go is very dead, Dupont itself is even worse and needs to be spruced up but very few developments are in the pipeline when comparing to Davenport. Its interesting how quickly the demographic changes from one street to the next.

Back