Toronto 350 Bloor East | 209.07m | 63s | Osmington Gerofsky | Hariri Pontarini

Hmmm, now Rogers has registered to lobby as well:

1649448644156.png

From the Bloor Street Beighbourhood Association: “Please note that Rogers have registered to lobby for a redevelopment at 350 Bloor St E. They have met with Councillor Layton and have either talked to or registered to talk to Deputy Mayor Minnan-Wong presumably as the Mayor is conflicted out. The building was earlier slated for sale but now for redevelopment. Plans at this stage appear to be for a mix residential and commercial building in the 40-story range.”

From the Bloor Street Beighbourhood Association: “Please note that Rogers have registered to lobby for a redevelopment at 350 Bloor St E. They have met with Councillor Layton and have either talked to or registered to talk to Deputy Mayor Minnan-Wong presumably as the Mayor is conflicted out. The building was earlier slated for sale but now for redevelopment. Plans at this stage appear to be for a mix residential and commercial building in the 40-story range.”

From Matt Elliott’s newsletter:

Lobbyists for Rogers have registered to talk to City Hall about redeveloping one of their office buildings at 350 Bloor East.

On April 12, Rogers Senior Director of Construction & Technical Services John Mallovymet with Councillor Mike Layton and two of Layton’s staffers to discuss the project.

A separate lobbyist registration reveals that Osmington Gerofsky Development Corp is involved in plans for this project. David Gerofskyand EVP of Development Laurie Payne logged a meeting on April 18 with Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong to discuss plans for the Rogers building.

Minnan-Wong’s involvement here is notable. Mayor John Tory wouldn’t be able to involve himself in any aspect of this project due to his longstanding conflict of interest regarding Rogers-related issues.

In 2019, it was reported that Rogers planned to sell off the property as part of efforts to consolidate its operations. Gary Marr of CoStar News told us that the plans could involve a 40-storey development with office and residential.

Plans to redevelop the site are definitely going to spark some brutal debates about whether the current building should be considered heritage. It is not currently listed on the City’s heritage register.

From Matt Elliott’s newsletter:

Lobbyists for Rogers have registered to talk to City Hall about redeveloping one of their office buildings at 350 Bloor East.

On April 12, Rogers Senior Director of Construction & Technical Services John Mallovymet with Councillor Mike Layton and two of Layton’s staffers to discuss the project.

A separate lobbyist registration reveals that Osmington Gerofsky Development Corp is involved in plans for this project. David Gerofskyand EVP of Development Laurie Payne logged a meeting on April 18 with Deputy Mayor Denzil Minnan-Wong to discuss plans for the Rogers building.

Minnan-Wong’s involvement here is notable. Mayor John Tory wouldn’t be able to involve himself in any aspect of this project due to his longstanding conflict of interest regarding Rogers-related issues.

In 2019, it was reported that Rogers planned to sell off the property as part of efforts to consolidate its operations. Gary Marr of CoStar News told us that the plans could involve a 40-storey development with office and residential.

Plans to redevelop the site are definitely going to spark some brutal debates about whether the current building should be considered heritage. It is not currently listed on the City’s heritage register.

Good to see Matt catching up to me, LOL; full credit to him and to @jmacmillan for getting some additional details.

Quick-and-dirty story here on the front page, database file linked above.

View attachment 421060

Ha! I knew what you were up to.............. and was looking forward to seeing this posted! (Excellent scoop btw)

Now let me pull the other renders into the thread!

1660770971267.png

1660771007284.png

I'm quite taken by this proposal, one of the best I've seen this year for sure.

Shadow Impact study on the Rosedale Ravine will be interesting; but for a reasonable 'community benefit' involving some restoration work in the ravine, I'd be happy to overlook some modest impacts!

Wonder if Greenwin Square across the street will be next for redevelopment. Not a tear-down, but ‘vertical extension’ like this (especially the office tower).

Reactions: xy3

Back