Toronto 35 McCaul Street | 26.21m | 7s | CRG | GG

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3848550&isCofASearch=false

Proposed new three storey addition over the existing four storey brick building. The addition and existing building will have a total gfa of 2655 m2

6CrTmH3.png

Currently

1.jpg

Too bad it looks like a flat facade - it would look so much more interesting if it was 3D. That, I am a little concerned about the mullions - it looks like it will be implemented as a window wall.

AoD

The picture labeled as "currently" is deceptively outdated. It appears to have been taken around 2006/7. There have been several improvements to the facade since that time. The loading dock is gone, the exterior has been sandblasted. It's not the eyesore it is portrayed as here. Please see here for a current image. It looks as though they will be reversing the loading dock renovations, because the artists' rendering includes a loading dock.

This looks great!

If the same owners of Dineen are behind this, I expect this to turn out fantastic. Any plans for retail space on street level, I wonder? This could be a great location for a small cafe for OCAD students nearby.

Back