Toronto 346 Davenport | 36.27m | 9s | Freed | RAW Design

There's no definite interpretation to this but it certainly doesn't help that this keeps getting delayed. The main criteria that comes to mind are permits, budget and resources. However, they already had shoring equipment on site before the pandemic shutdown so I reckon they have shoring permits in general.

As a side note, here's an interesting takeaway from this article about Freed back in early March 2020. He's no longer focusing on small projects moving forward, and has shifted to a larger development focus. Although the understanding is that 346 Davenport was still to be maintained as they mention that construction had just started.

I’ll say he’s not focusing on small projects! We’ve been renting for 3 years waiting for the small 346 Davenport project to begin! I wish I would not have purchased preconstruction! I would never ever do it again! I’m sure most buyers feel the same way I do! SOOOOO DISAPPOINTING!

Another month and still nada...

June 20, 2020

20200620_072229.jpg

That Freed article says that he will no longer focus on small projects. Well, why did he purchase the lots on Dupont and Spadina? That is also not a big project! And he states that the move in dates will be 2023....who is he kidding!!! He’d better start 346 Davenport first!

The article is from May, and those purchases were well prior to that date. Also a 'focus' doesn't mean one doesn't consider other things, it just means they would prefer to mainly work on larger masterplan-like development sites.

Great to see Freed still doing these high-design smaller sites. Perhaps not as lucrative for his firm, but great for the city. Also not sure Freed has the manpower (is one still allowed to use this term??ha) or financial strength to execute on the larger multi-phase Master planned developments.

Great to see Freed still doing these high-design smaller sites. Perhaps not as lucrative for his firm, but great for the city. Also not sure Freed has the manpower (is one still allowed to use this term??ha) or financial strength to execute on the larger multi-phase Master planned developments.
Depends on the product. If they are targeting luxury market, I'm sure they can continue to make mid-rises work.

Back