Toronto 346 Davenport | 36.27m | 9s | Freed | RAW Design

March 26 2019

Construction Staging Area – 342-346 Davenport Road
Major construction activities and associated timeline for the development are described below:
• Excavation and shoring: from April 2019 to December 2019;
• Below grade formwork: from December 2019 to May 2020;
• Above grade formwork: from June 2020 to December 2020;
• Building envelope: from October 2020 to January 2021;

Construction Staging Area - 342-346 Davenport Road

Construction Staging Area - 342-346 Davenport Road

City Council Decision
City Council on June 18 and 19, 2019, adopted the following:

1. City Council approve the closure of the east sidewalk and a 5.1 metre-wide portion of the westbound curb lane on Davenport Road, between a point 94 metres east of Dupont Street and a point 28 metres further east and provision of a temporary pedestrian walkway within the closed portion of the westbound curb lane, from June 25, 2019 to June 30, 2021.

2. City Council rescind the existing parking machine regulation in effect from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday; and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday, on the north side of Davenport Road, between a point 68 metres east of Dupont Street and a point 82 metres further east, and between Bedford Road and a point 59 metres west.

3. City Council rescind the existing parking machine regulation in effect from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday; and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday, on the south side of Davenport Road, between Dupont Street and a point 99 metres east, and between Bedford Road and a point 59 metres west.

4. City Council prohibit stopping at all times on the north side of Davenport Road, between a point 68 metres east of Dupont Street and a point 82 metres further east.

5. City Council prohibit stopping at all times on the north side of Davenport Road, between Bedford Road and a point 59 metres west.

6. City Council prohibit stopping at all times on the south side of Davenport Road, between Dupont Street and a point 99 metres east.

7. City Council prohibit stopping at all times on the south side of Davenport Road, between Bedford Road and a point 59 metres west.

8. City Council direct the applicant to post a 24-hour monitored construction hotline number on the hoarding board, which must be prominently placed and legible from 20 metres and on all elevations from the construction site.

9. City Council direct the applicant to provide and install public art, including mural artwork, onto every elevation of the hoarding board with adequate spotlighting for night-time illumination, at their sole cost, to the satisfaction of the Ward Councillor.

10. City Council direct that Davenport Road be returned to its pre-construction traffic and parking regulations when the project is complete except the parking machine space regulations.

11. City Council direct the applicant to sweep the construction site daily and nightly, or more frequently as needed to be cleared of any construction debris and made safe.

12. City Council direct the applicant to pressure wash the construction site and adjacent sidewalks and roadways weekly, or more frequently as needed to be cleared of any construction debris and made safe.

13. City Council direct the applicant to ensure that the existing sidewalks or the proposed pedestrian walkway have proper lighting to ensure safety and visibility at all times of the day and night.

14. City Council direct the applicant to clearly consult and communicate all construction, parking and road occupancy impacts with local Business Improvement Areas and resident associations in advance of any physical road modifications.

15. City Council direct the applicant to install appropriate signage and converging mirrors to ensure that pedestrian, cyclist and motorist safety is considered at all times.​

Attachments

• backgroundfile-133391.pdf
    226.6 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Looks like construction is starting for this one as of today, they have a lane closed off with concrete blocks as of this afternoon which wasn't there this morning. Likely to see some sort of excavation soon I assume. Will try to take pics tomorrow.

So so happy to see it has finally been started! We bought off plans from Freed in 2015 and that project never came to fruition because of the pushbacks from the city! It cost us 2 years of equity and almost put us out of the downtown market! We could only afford preconstruction this time around and we were hoping that the same thing would not happen again. My husband and I go to the site from time to time only to find that nothing had yet been started (in terms of breaking ground)! We always leave the site a little disappointed but your posting of that picture just brightened up my day! Thanks for that!!!

So so happy to see it has finally been started! We bought off plans from Freed in 2015 and that project never came to fruition because of the pushbacks from the city! It cost us 2 years of equity and almost put us out of the downtown market! We could only afford preconstruction this time around and we were hoping that the same thing would not happen again. My husband and I go to the site from time to time only to find that nothing had yet been started (in terms of breaking ground)! We always leave the site a little disappointed but your posting of that picture just brightened up my day! Thanks for that!!!

Glad to post. You'll be happy to know they started excavating about a week ago, haven't had a chance to walk by yet to take pics.

Wow! So happy to hear that! I’m definitely not in walking distance to check up on things so, thank you for the updates! When do you think it will all be done? My husband doesn’t believe it will completed September 2021. I’m hoping he’s wrong but I’m just so thrilled it’s no longer stagnant!

Well then that would bring it to anywhere from Aug 2021 to Feb 2022 because we’ve already been given the first delay in writing (Feb 2021).

Glad to post. You'll be happy to know they started excavating about a week ago, haven't had a chance to walk by yet to take pics.

We bought here as well and can’t wait to move in. Love the neighborhood and the fact that there are only a couple units per floor. Fit and finish looks to be quite high end as well. Can’t wait!

Back