Toronto 346 Davenport | 36.27m | 9s | Freed | RAW Design

I really like the brick vibe that Davenport has between Bedford and Dupont... not sure an out of scale glass box is what the area needs.

June 2014
Motions

1 - Motion to Amend Item moved by Councillor Mike Layton (Carried)
That the Toronto and East York Community Council:

1. Refuse the applications to demolish the subject residential buildings at 342, 344 and 346 Davenport Road for failure to maintain a residential use:

a. Two storey detached mixed use building containing one residential building at 342 Davenport Road.

b. Two storey semi-detached mixed use building containing one residential building at 344 Davenport Road.

c. Two storey semi-detached mixed use building containing one residential building at 346 Davenport Road.

August 11 2015 ( permit search):

Accepted Date:
Aug 11, 2015

Project: Office Multiple Projects

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor office space and a new one storey rear addition see related permit admin permits on 344 and 342 Davenport

render-346-davenport.jpg

I wonder if the facade will actually be made of marble?

http://346davenport.com/

I wonder whether RAW is planning to use the same perforated cladding for the living wall strips as they used on The Howard Park.

It'll be interesting to see, as this stretch in particular continues to see additional residential density, if the city moves to improve the pedestrian experience at-grade. Traffic moves way too quickly and dangerously around this stretch of Davenport and Dupont and it's generally a pretty awful pedestrian experience.

Rooftop patio, also grabbed from their site:

upload_2016-10-4_11-20-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-4_11-20-48.png
    upload_2016-10-4_11-20-48.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,131
The design is decent, but it neither reflects nor respects the surrounding context. Brick instead of concrete and marble, pls.

Back