Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

So will this be an airbnb hotel or a de facto Ryerson residence?
Condos per the project fact sheet.
May I just say that not every building in this city must be a 'stunner'. It's essentially an infill project, much better than what is there now.

Looks like a wind shear nightmare for a newly pedestrianised Yonge! And yah the architecture is uninspired. The developer has to do better!

They're seeking OPA and ZBA so this is going to take a while. Expect to see some major revisions on this.

So will this be an airbnb hotel or a de facto Ryerson residence?
Why not look at the plans? The units here are pretty good. Lots of wide-shallows and mostly 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms (few studios).
this is terribly embarassing. Just because something is coined "infill" (which 100m really doesn't cut in IMHO) doesn't mean it shouldn't contribute to good city building, especially at such a visible and prominent corner.
Yikes. It's really not that bad. Larger units, a tight plate, three floors of retail, a subway rough in...How is this not 'good city building'? The real embarrassment was built just south of here 15 years ago.

This is rather uninspired. Hodge-podge of a podium, generic frosted balconies and mullions all over. The only nice detail is the use of wood under what I assume is the amenities level.

Also, for being across from a Snøhetta build, I'd hardly consider this corner worthy of "infill". Would be nice if there was even a shred of harmony between the two buildings.

Once in a while there will be a Toronto project that just boggles my mind.

An "innovation centre" at an A+ waterfront location that looks straight out of a Milton office park? That's one of them.

A highly visible university residence at College & Spadina that looks plucked out of a North Korea labour camp? Another one.

And then there's this disaster. We have truly reached Peak Toronto. A dull glass box with meager attempts to make it look 'creative' (street-level art! wood trim!), at the entrance to a university, and mere steps from Toronto's landmark intersection.

Last edited:
It also seems a shame that, being right across from such a landmark Ryerson building, something special couldn't have been built to make Gould an obvious gateway to Ryerson.

Once in a while there will be a Toronto project that just boggles my mind.

An "innovation centre" at an A+ waterfront location that looks straight out of a Milton office park? That's one of them.

A highly visible university residence at College & Spadina that looks plucked out of a North Korea labour camp? Another one.

And then there's this disaster. We have truly reached Peak Toronto. A dull glass box with meager attempts to make it look 'creative' (street-level art! wood trim!), at the entrance to a university, and mere steps from Toronto's landmark intersection.
Christ..."disaster", "Peak Toronto", "dull glass box", "meager attempts to make it look creative" - are you trying to blackout the 'missing the forest for the trees' armchair urbanist bingo?
It also seems a shame that, being right across from such a landmark Ryerson building, something special couldn't have been built to make Gould an obvious gateway to Ryerson.
Or something like this, which politely defers to it.

So the two arguments I see are:
"This building is allowed to be boring it's infill." and, "We shouldn't consider every build infill".

So we can all agree that this is a boring, uninspired proposal then, yes?

This is a hot flaming piece of blazing trash in every way, shape, and form imaginable. It's obvious they want to extract the most amount of money possible on this site, while creating the cheapest product possible. Design was clearly an afterthought here.

How can you have one of the most prominent intersections in Toronto (Yonge-Dundas), one of the most prominent streets in Canada (Yonge St), and one of the most desirable malls in North America (the Eaton Centre), and the end result is that you end up with a horrific, bland, and lazy development right next to all of them?

This city and its developers never cease to amaze with how they can continuously set the bar lower and lower.

Back