Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

i find it hard to believe they will build a 1-2 storey retail structure to house a Jollibee's when just a couple years ago the owners of this land wanted to build this https://thetorontoblog.com/2012/12/...e-works-for-se-corner-of-yonge-gould-streets/

i'm thinking there is a mistake in the address and they're moving into a vacant retail space somewhere in the strip

That's from a CBRE flyer. It's not what anyone 'thought' they were going to build. It was a highest-and-best-use, idealized massing for the purposes of selling the land.

Besides, at least two other massings from other architectural firms - also for the purposes of vending the land - have been created since that one. Still, through all of the various 'proposals', the land has yet to trade.

The Jollibee is set for a different location. It's not the site of the Empress. It's within a building that already exists.

You could - you'd just need to get Site plan approval, which would take at least 9 months. Then you'd have to actually build the place.. which leaves me wondering why you'd be hiring a restaurant manager when it's at least 2 years out.

Sorry, I mean as a high-rise.

The Jollibee is clearly possible, but I just have doubts that they'd be able to stick a high-rise onto the site, which I think is one of the reasons why the site has been empty since the fire.

Jollibee revised the address of their future downtown location in the job posting. It's supposed to be 334 Yonge St, instead of 335. Which is across the street on the west side of Yonge, where Ardene used to be.

335 YONGE ST
Ward 13 - Tor & E.York District

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment Application for a proposed 30-storey mixed-use builoding comprised of 165 residential dwelling units and 2096 square metres of non-residential floor area. 222 below grade bicycle parking spaces are proposed.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 249699 STE 13 OZ​
Nov 15, 2019​
Under Review​

335 YONGE ST
Ward 13 - Tor & E.York District

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment Application for a proposed 30-storey mixed-use builoding comprised of 165 residential dwelling units and 2096 square metres of non-residential floor area. 222 below grade bicycle parking spaces are proposed.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 249699 STE 13 OZ​
Nov 15, 2019​
Under Review​

I wonder if this straddles' 333 Yonge, or if that is included w/this block.

Really the whole block inclusive of 10 Dundas East should be considered together, ideally.

Still, interested to see what the latest proposal looks like; and whether it will include the second exit to Dundas Stn.

Last edited:
I wonder if this 'strands' 333 Yonge, or if that is included w/this block.

Really the whole block inclusive of 10 Dundas East should be considered together, ideally.

Still, interested to see what the latest proposal looks like; and whether it will include the second exit to Dundas Stn.
Fully agree that the whole block should be consider, as I have call for the whole block be torn down . You can have at least 2 tall towers with a tunnel to Ryerson that would be a second exit , as well allowing TTC to widen part of the exist platform. The building could be set back to allow more sidewalk space. The podium could be 6-12s

You could put parking underground that would allow more room for Ryerson to use.

You could put most existing places back in this new block, since some most likely will relocated elsewhere.

106m to the top of the mechanical penthouse

So will this be an airbnb hotel or a de facto Ryerson residence?
There are to be no more airbnb hotels, the new rules approved by the LPAT this week should see to that. They are likely aiming to build a de facto Ryerson residence here though, and why wouldn't they?

Back