Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

IMG_0674.jpeg
Today.

You look at how much of the pit is left to fill and at the current pace I think by the end of summer we should see this at the ground this is me being serious not just making fun of Pemberton though from what I have seen of their other work that's probably too soon this thing could stop work tomorrow and probably a lot of people on here would be happy including me because I'd miss my pit jokes 😂

Anyone actually know what the issue with this site is? I'm just curious. Is Pemberton strapped for cash? Is this beyond their scope and they can't handle it? I can't personally remember another site that was active and moving this slowly ...
I wonder.

I walked by the site on Monday mid-day, and there wasn't a single person on site... it was all closed up.

Looks like a small number of workers were there yesterday as pictured in the photo above.

Not sure if it's an issue with Pemberton, their forming contractor, a materials supplier, site issue or something else but I imagine something is up.

I'm relatively new to the field of real estate, but a huge pit with this much work involved will probably need some time to 'sit' or 'burn in' before they can do more on top of what's already there. At least that's how it looks like. The social at church/dundas was a huge pit for a good year or so, but maybe that can be attributed to the pandemics.

Otherwise I think it is possible they are going slowly because of:
- high interest rate. Supposedly if this is called THE pemberton, this is going to be their flagship building so they will not cut corners anywhere, and the current rate probably just doesn't make much sense for them to go fast
- supplier issue like citylights mentioned
- Very unlikely scenario: they have not sold more than the percentage required to build. I sure hope this is not the case as it is really going to suck for the people who gave their deposits already.

I wonder.

I walked by the site on Monday mid-day, and there wasn't a single person on site... it was all closed up.

Looks like a small number of workers were there yesterday as pictured in the photo above.

Not sure if it's an issue with Pemberton, their forming contractor, a materials supplier, site issue or something else but I imagine something is up.
In Benito's photo you can see 19 workers and there are at least another 5 to six in the area that they are pouring that are not visible. This is a pretty big underground Garage so it will take a while to get to grade. Pemberton won't be breaking any of CentreCourts speed records. LOL

On the heels of the discussion above, I took a look-see at the permits.

The have what they need to get to grade; and the above grade permit "New Building" is "Issuance Pending", so they seem to be in a good spot that way.

On the heels of the discussion above, I took a look-see at the permits.

The have what they need to get to grade; and the above grade permit "New Building" is "Issuance Pending", so they seem to be in a good spot that way.
What does this mean? They currently don't yet have the OK to build the building after they get to the grade level?

What does this mean? They currently don't yet have the OK to build the building after they get to the grade level?

They don't have the permit, no.

But they can.

'Issuance Pending' which is the status here, means they passed the underlying requirements for the permit.

This is not uncommon.

Its a big deal for the City to review a large application, and its often broken down into chunks for permit purposes.

Shoring (the dig down); Structural - below grade; Structural - above grade.

Back