Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

Curtainwall can still have solid/spandrel panels in the mix. But even without spandrel, the idea is that as a system, curtainwall will take much longer to fail.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the latest Oct 14 condo guide, aka Next Home, has this on the cover, and in the accompanying article on pages 20-21, it is described as "two striking towers, 71 and 46 storeys high, on a majestic eight-storey podium".

Not sure how accurate this is, but the latest Oct 14 condo guide, aka Next Home, has this on the cover, and in the accompanying article on pages 20-21, it is described as "two striking towers, 71 and 46 storeys high, on a majestic eight-storey podium".
Same thing on their website.....71s + 46s, must be right?

Likely not. They aren't doing a rezoning here, so the most they could maybe do is a minor variance for more height which we have yet to see. I highly suspect it is still 62 floors with many levels removed for marketing purposes. (4,13,14,24,34,44,54,64, etc)

I could be wrong, but I counted 60 storeys in the tower on the renderings that were on the last page (couldn't quite see how many storeys were right above the podium, and I guessed where the mechanical crown starts), and then adding on 8 more for the podium would be 68 total. Based on the rendering 71 definitely sounds more convincing to me than 62

Likely not. They aren't doing a rezoning here, so the most they could maybe do is a minor variance for more height which we have yet to see. I highly suspect it is still 62 floors with many levels removed for marketing purposes. (4,13,14,24,34,44,54,64, etc)

Can't believe this is even a thing. Not sure what's worse, adding floors for marketing (e.g. Central Park Tower at 135 stories), or this.

It's pretty persistent stuff. People in general can be quite superstitious. Different cultures have different numerology bugaboos - which in turn leads to a higher number of potentially offensive numbers. So it goes. I try not to think about it and think instead of how high a particular building will be, how striking it might be on the skyline.

Every time a rendering of a new proposal comes through. It always seems to turn out cheaper than the last one. What's with the box like buildings in this city!

They,re not wasting time !

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 652
Hm. I had always presumed that Cresford's offer for the site was too good to turn down for Kingsett. They decided to sell and develop the remaining parcels individually.

Demo permit issued wednesday. Looks like demo of the garage is going to be happening very soon.

Application:
Demolition Folder (DM)
Permit Issued
TORONTO M4W 1J5
Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Application#:
17 244421 DEM 00 DM
Issued Date:
Jan 16, 2018
Project:
Multiple Use/Non Residential
Work:
Demolition
Description:
Proposed demolition of existing 6-storey multiple unit building, foundation removal and backfill to grade.

Attachments

• Bloor Yorkville 2028.jpg
    Bloor Yorkville 2028.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 685

Back