Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

The difference - to me at least - is that Four Seasons and other such highrises actually front on other major roads. They surround and hem in Yorkville, but aren't really in Yorkville like this property is. Most everything in the 'village' (or however you want to describe it) is a few stories.

As long as they integrate well with the neighborhood I guess it really doesn't matter, though I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks this way. Places like Yorkville, Kensington, Queen West, etc... are similar to me in this regard and while I think residents would accept more density to go in these areas as time goes on, I'm not sure they'd expect it to be a 100 story supertall.

Actually, even if it's 60s/70s cheese and I wouldn't bawl over its disappearance, I don't mind it--with its interior mall and retail and all, it's about as urbane as garages of that time get. (And the retro supergraphics within the garage proper are a hoot, even if they're likely either recreations or retro gestures of the past decade.)

Actually, even if it's 60s/70s cheese and I wouldn't bawl over its disappearance, I don't mind it--with its interior mall and retail and all, it's about as urbane as garages of that time get. (And the retro supergraphics within the garage proper are a hoot, even if they're likely either recreations or retro gestures of the past decade.)

It is such a distinctly 60/70s creature isn't it? Similar structures are more common in smaller cities - when they built this, I suppose Yorkville was still a 'small city'. Regarding loss of parking however - when I went for a dentist appointment and couldn't find a place to park my bike, the receptionist informed me that parking for any vehicle in this area is next to impossible to find. In the period of 4-5 years while the hypothetical condo gets built, there will be serious (probably permanent) changes in how people access Yorkville.

Could there not be condos built like Trump with above ground parking and the condo on top of that? The condos would have to be taller then the bloor street condos anyways. PLus there is a walkway to the parking from bloor street which could become the entrance of a condo development.

Exactly right. Look for more above ground parking.

Here developer needs to replace spots and accommodate new spots. Extremely expensive undertaking. Don't look for super luxury here. Super luxury is maxed out for the cycle.

My bet is this deal does not get underway before cycle ends. This could been a 10 yr deal for a developer with patient capital.

Exactly right. Look for more above ground parking.

Here developer needs to replace spots and accommodate new spots. Extremely expensive undertaking. Don't look for super luxury here. Super luxury is maxed out for the cycle.

My bet is this deal does not get underway before cycle ends. This could been a 10 yr deal for a developer with patient capital.

Who said it has to be super luxury..can they not build a 50-60 storey Casa/18 Yorkville type development here.:confused:

YES!... i knew this parking garage would one day go!.. wow!
I wouldn't mind seeing something around the 1 King/Scott street proposal height,

This was posted on SSP by yyser. I am guessing that they are indeed referring to the 100 storey project, possibly at the Cumberland Yorkville parking garage site:

what do you guys think of this exchange on twitter today?....@buzzbuzzhome, and @benjaminbach is a prominent realtor...

@buzzbuzzhome Wow. Just got some serious juicy gossip, and saw some things that we were not supposed to see!! Wowza.. GTA, there is something BIG coming.

@benjaminbach @buzzbuzzhome the downtown one ?

@buzzbuzzhome We are being held to 100% secrecy. BUT, WOW! Epic. Huge. Beautiful.

Makes you wounder.......But I'll believe it when I see it.

If there going to build a 100 storey building here I hope its mixed-use. First 40 floors office,20 floors for a hotel, and 40 floors for a condo and a observation deck. No ocean glass.:D

Could be related to one of the Harbour St properties, but you never know.

Another hotel in the Yorkville area wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Could be related to one of the Harbour St properties, but you never know.

Another hotel in the Yorkville area wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Yeah, wouldnt that be something down at 90 Harbour..The Menkes by the Lake:cool:, landmark tower...
Also who-ever builds at Harbour street would probably have less worries from the city regarding height limits (100s/1000ft.+) than the Yorkville area.

@buzzbuzzhome Wow. Just got some serious juicy gossip, and saw some things that we were not supposed to see!! Wowza.. GTA, there is something BIG coming.

I wonder if there is any significance to saying GTA instead of Toronto?

I cant see a 100 storey structure being built anywhere else other than the downtown core, which i would assume now-a-days includes the Yorkville area.

They didn't mention 100 storey in the tweets, that was just a guess. You never know though, 10 years ago I never would have guessed that the nicest condo building in the GTA would be in Mississauga - but it is.

Back