Toronto The Pemberton | 215.79m | 68s | Pemberton | a—A

Idk I'm pretty excited about this one going up! If this is done with bad materials it could be a hulking mess, but I find the design generally good compared to the standard. It seems striking and crisp and might stand out from the usual bluegreengrey with its darker shade (of glass and spandrel and clumsy mullions lol this city does have a low standard).

And while the podium doesn't meet the street well, the intricately textured element above and the way it will create shadows will enhance the streetlevel experience. Those raw concrete almost brutalist interior spaces look promising too as blank canvases.

In particular I also like the way the crowns and heights play off each other - I think it'll bring some nice topographical variation to this area of the skyline.

I think I prefer the way it looks right now over what's being built. A patch of dirt at least has potential.
Like it or not and despite its size, 64 storeys mid-block in Yorkville will probably just look like background noise in a decade at the rate we're moving.

Back