Toronto The Whitfield | 130m | 39s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

Nice! Thrilled to see another gas station in an urban location die.

And replace it with a glass station, amirite?

I'm kidding, this actually looks pretty sweet with the red and unconventional street frontage. These small lot infills are way preferable to blobbing block-long masses.

I applaud the "out of the box" (see what I did there) thinking and I think the tower is refreshing and aesthetically interesting. And yes, the podium looks infeasible and a bit excessive and I am sure it will be toned down in the final design phases. I just hope the tower is not proportionally "toned down" from the original concept.

more like 10 minutes away...
It may take you 10 minutes to walk from Queen to Front at Sherbourne, but most of us take the 4-5 min @innsertnamehere mentioned
Maybe you're thinking of the existing subway station at Yonge?

March 17
Going to hard to find gas in the core once this goes. You got the Esso at Dundas and Church that will disappear down the road and Lake Shore Blvd W and Bathurst St that should hang around. You got Wellesley and Jarvis and 2 on Spadina as well.

To make this a mix use site will requires a lot of safety requirements as well structure reinforcement that will increase the cost to build it that will be past onto the buyers. Seen this in Europe.
47383109042_ccf4d2c0e0_b.jpg

47383109362_5f04428dcc_b.jpg

47383109682_7f0c211a99_b.jpg

47383110102_5f79f4b037_b.jpg

47383110382_7ab80bf2bb_b.jpg

Really hope that building on Front is demolished as part of this development. There's barely any setback from the curb there; resulting in a very narrow sidewalk. Would still like to see a brick facade there, just to keep in with the character of the area - but not this particular building.

Really hope that building on Front is demolished as part of this development. There's barely any setback from the curb there; resulting in a very narrow sidewalk. Would still like to see a brick facade there, just to keep in with the character of the area - but not this particular building.
where does that bus route on sherbourne run from and to?

Reactions: DSC
Coming to TEYCC in May:
TE6.29
ACTION​
Ward: 13​
33 Sherbourne Street and 176-178 Front Street East - Zoning Amendment Application - Preliminary Report
Origin
(May 3, 2019) Report from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District​
Recommendations
The City Planning Division recommends that:

1. Staff schedule a community consultation meeting together with the Ward Councillor for the application submitted for 33 Sherbourne Street and 176-178 Front Street East.

2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the application site, and to additional residents, institutions and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant.

See Report at: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2019/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-132650.pdf

UT's update on 33 Sherbourne, after its DRP session:

Back