Toronto 33 Bloor East | ?m | 17s | Epic | WZMH

Today.
85DDDB8F-46E8-447C-BB77-0965245DCFBD.jpeg
BAD2B5EC-C27F-4EF8-977D-B0CF7F5789BB.jpeg

Wow. All that time and money and effort and that much of the frontage is just going to be spandrel? I figured that retail space was going to have big, soaring windows fronting on to Bloor.

I thought it was going to be a screen

From the renderings it looks more like see through ads that appear translucent to those inside the building but opaque to those on the street; similar to what 151 Bloor has. You can see the third floor track lighting in this rendering

There were some crates with cladding of some sort on Bloor East the day I took that photo. I'll try to remember to swing by on my way home to see if any progress has been made. Perhaps some of the cladding will have been installed by now.

From the renderings it looks more like see through ads that appear translucent to those inside the building but opaque to those on the street; similar to what 151 Bloor has. You can see the third floor track lighting in this rendering
View attachment 189089
There are certainly two tones to the colour in the ad there. The bottom two rows of glazing have a darker tone, indicating some sort of backing, while the top row is more translucent. I wonder if this is the intent here.

Some sort of backing? The bottom two rows of glazing have backpans installed behind them, so they aren't vision glass. It's spandrel.

Back