Toronto One Thirty Eight | 130.1m | 29s | Cityzen | BBB

The OMB e-case site is now blank but for this text: "No case detail is available."

The OMB e-case site is now blank but for this text: "No case detail is available."
The whole OMB searchable database appears to be down. It's been like this all day for me.

Can't wait to see this "Vertical forest!"

JCu00zk.png

eqmcVIT.png

Looks like this site is up for sale, approved ultra-luxury landmark development site in the heart of Toronto's renowned Yorkville shopping district.

Saw it onTower Pier 27 Projects & Construction Thread, picture of Commercial Real Estate below listing for Pier 27 post #326

hazelton lanes was a dump on the inside and out

I recall visiting Hazelton Lanes prior to its redevelopment on several occasions. It had character and while dated, it had texture, interesting materiality, and was categorically not a “dump” except to the eyes of developers lacking in vision and creativity.

Today it is soulless and uninteresting. It has been sterilized and made architecturally irrelevant; it has no brand beyond location.

I recall visiting Hazelton Lanes prior to its redevelopment on several occasions. It had character and while dated, it had texture, interesting materiality, and was categorically not a “dump” except to the eyes of developers lacking in vision and creativity.

Today it is soulless and uninteresting. It has been sterilized and made architecturally irrelevant; it has no brand beyond location.

It's a slow descent considering the several rounds of "updates" and piecemeal redevelopment it went through. The mall was a nice and cozy (if not convoluted) place to be back in the early 90s - now it's just a husk that one wouldn't give an iota about should it disappear tomorrow.

AoD

Back