Toronto Craft Residences | 30.67m | 8s | Gairloch | BDP Quadrangle

Event Information: 3194-3206 Dundas Street West - Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:00 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
This application proposes to amend the Zoning By-laws to permit an 8-storey mixed use building (27.6 metres, excluding mechanical penthouse) with 88 residential units and 122 square metres of non-residential gross floor area at-grade. The application includes a total gross floor area of 7,522 square metres of gross floor area, representing a floor space index (FSI) of 4.51 times the area of the site. A total of 55 parking spaces (50 resident and 5 visitor) and 88 bicycle parking spaces (79 resident and 9 visitor) are proposed within an underground garage.

Latest version of supporting docs posted on Dec 23, 2020:

dundasw.JPG

What happened....

See the Detailed Revision List for a good explanation of what happened.

It's too long to copy/paste it all here; and unfortunately the City's method for links (using javascript) don't port well.

But it's available from the Docs:

The redness of the previous iteration provided warmer tones for fronting Dundas West and the Junction area. But I do find the new design to be more distinctively articulate. Perhaps a hybrid of contemporary Berlin-school with insititutional brutalism. Would like to see this current concept from different angles. And of course, it may still further evolve as time goes on before it comes to market.

Rounded red brick will always be better for the Junction vs rounded concrete-esqe brutalist aggregate...

I would call this a major decline over the previous exterior material. The built form is a wash (I prefer the previous), but I cannot imagine choosing any exterior material over red brick for this location...

vertical laid brick w rounded forms and staggered balcony runs on Dundas? Looks cool. Good to see something different.

this is fugly and Way out of context. I heard there was zero support in any public meetings for this project. This is an example of how not to do development in a community. This project has a ton of opposition and hopefully the city hears and acts.
Funny, I've heard quite the opposite. Plenty of general support for this. I live a bit further down on Dupont and will speak to its approval if necessary. I'm sure many others here will as well.

this is fugly and Way out of context. I heard there was zero support in any public meetings for this project. This is an example of how not to do development in a community. This project has a ton of opposition and hopefully the city hears and acts.

It would be a big improvement over what's there now...

I'm not happy that they made it all grey like that though. My only mitigation to get behind this would be if they used some sort of board forming technique to get those ridges on those prefab bits as picted.

Thankfully, there are limited avenues for NIMBYs to pursue in opposition to totally sensible and reasonable proposals such as this.

Back