Toronto Craft Residences | 30.67m | 8s | Gairloch | BDP Quadrangle

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Upcoming development at 3194-3206 Dundas St W in the Junction area as per Gairloch's website:

Development Information

Type: Residential Condo Development
Size: 8+ Floors, 80,000+ Square Feet of Gross Floor Area, 100+ Units

A 2-storey apartment building, the Church of God of Prophecy, and the High Park animal hospital will be part of the lot assembly in this development:

1575806356955.png

Last edited:
Gairloch also works with aA so we'll likely see one of their designs here. I'm fine with the expected scale of the development, 8 storeys works here.

Agreed!

A friend went to the community meeting and said that Quadrangle is working for Gairloch on this one.

It's the kind of "avenue"-style intensification that we need more of along our major streets. But the loss of a spiritual centre and veterinarian will mean a loss of diversity of uses that generates vitality and character in the community. Versatile ground-floor retail is a must in the replacement building.

I'd be surprised if they weren't also eyeing the car wash right across the street...

3194-3206 Dundas Street West Pre-Application Meeting

On December 9th, 2019, a pre-application meeting was held for a potential development at 3194-3206 Dundas Street West, the current site of High Park Animal Hospital, Church of God Worship Centre and building at 3206.

The meeting was an opportunity for the developer to share their intentions with the community and City Planning staff prior to a formal submission of their application. I have attached a copy of their presentation. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSQsTAIkrE9g5geuzAJW0gRlEJCWw?e=W2nube

The developer has not yet filed any paperwork with the city but at the meeting presented plans for an 8-storey residential building.

Any comments or questions at this time should be directed to Councillor Perks’ Office at councillor_perks@toronto.ca and Carla Tsang, City Planner at Carla.tsang@toronto.ca .

1576552814675.png

1576552837349.png

1576552861739.png

1576552885278.png

3194 DUNDAS ST W
Ward 04 - Tor & E.York District

Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate the development of the site for an 8-storey mixed-use building containing 88 residential dwelling units and 122 m² of non-residential gross floor area at grade. A total of 55 parking spaces will be provided on the site in a below grade parking garage.

Interesting! I think I like it?... it's different. But something about it also looks a bit dated in style. Maybe I should reserve my thoughts until it's actually built.

I like it except those windows appear so flat - all the windows (other than the extruded ones) should be punched into the facade with a deeper recess - IMO.

I like it except those windows appear so flat - all the windows (other than the extruded ones) should be punched into the facade with a deeper recess - IMO.
I also don’t love the windows on the south face. Hard to put my finger on why. Maybe it’s what you say.

Back