Toronto 31R Parliament Street | 165.8m | 49s | Cityscape | SHoP

I worry whenever aluminium and aluminium panels are a component of a base or podium. It does not wear well and looks cheap. There are so many better materials (yes, brick or even some modern composites). And yes, brick would have gone a long way in pulling this into the rest of the district.

I'm really confused why they chose a grey colour scheme for the tower instead of something warmer like copper or red. It's out of context and if 1 Yorkville is any indication, looks cold and plain. It doesn't even provide enough juxtaposition with the district like a tower clad in black would have (a la TD centre).

Take a bit more of a look.. The detailing on the podium is going to be pretty nice. Granite, wood doors, anodized aluminum panels with a lot of intricate detailing.

The devil really is in the detail here. Landscaping and architectural detailing will make or break the project.

ribbon.JPG
ribbon 2.JPG
ribbon 3.JPG
Ribbon 4.JPG
ribbon 5.JPG
Ribbon 6.JPG
Ribbon 7.JPG
Ribbon 8.JPG

I have to wonder whether the distillery management will have any influence on the retail tenants, vis a vis- no big chains. As well, any time I see drawings of towers in this area, I can’t help but think that there’s a LOT of massing without having a grocery store or pharmacy nearby. I guess there’s time for Canary (Health) District to add a Shoppers Drugmart in one of its new buildings.

I have to wonder whether the distillery management will have any influence on the retail tenants, vis a vis- no big chains. As well, any time I see drawings of towers in this area, I can’t help but think that there’s a LOT of massing without having a grocery store or pharmacy nearby. I guess there’s time for Canary (Health) District to add a Shoppers Drugmart in one of its new buildings.
This is being developed by the firms that have redeveloped the Distillery, so you can expect the same retail curation.

I believe that Canary Commons, now under construction, will have either a junior supermarket or a Shoppers type store. Meanwhile, just up Parliament, home: Power and Adelaide, all under construction now, is designed for a larger grocery store.

This is being developed by the firms that have redeveloped the Distillery, so you can expect the same retail curation.

I believe that Canary Commons, now under construction, will have either a junior supermarket or a Shoppers type store. Meanwhile, just up Parliament, home: Power and Adelaide, all under construction now, is designed for a larger grocery store.

Don't forget the organic market planned for Bayside, just a 5min walk away.

They are involved with 31 Parliament St next door .... maybe that's the whisper.

Site Plan application:

Back