Toronto 3180-3202 Yonge Street | 42.53m | 11s | Montcrest Asset Management | Richard Wengle

Definitely an upgrade to what is currently there. High-end building in Yonge Lawrence neighborhood - Sounds good to me!

I'd take Wengle over G+C anyday...even if most his stuff is not my thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: xy3
Preliminary report on this one to the next NYCC meeting on March 1st, 2021.

Report here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-163464.pdf

My read here:

Staff don't seem overly fussed about height/density, but would like the massing to look a bit different.

From the report:

1613419986347.png

Also an interesting push to add an entrance/exit to Lawrence Station into the development.

From the report:

1613420015659.png

Surprised to see so many "paint colour" comments (reminds me of home reno shows where subjects walk through pre-reno properties and comment on paint colour LOL). Folks, let's first confirm what will be approved to be built at this location, and I can assure you that ain't it.

Nothing too substantial but a brief mention about the project in this article:

In December the company announced the assembly of 12 Toronto properties on Yonge Street near Lawrence Avenue that comprise a 0.47-acre site where it has proposed a 12-storey, 109-unit condominium with retail at grade.

It’s going through the entitlement and zoning process and Fatehi expects it will take a year-and-a-half before receiving all of the approvals to move forward.

Putting aside the look of the proposal for the moment, the local resident responses never ceases to amaze me. The arrival of any building eight, 10 or 12 floors in height suddenly becomes an object of doom. Height, shadows, traffic, risk to pedestrians, change in retail and so on - it's as if the entire neighbourhood is to be uprooted.

This is to be built on a major transit line and on one of the main arterial roads through the city. Given the constraints on housing in the city, more development like this is needed.

It'll be interesting to see how does not conform to provincial policy.

Last edited:
Yeah, Yonge & Lawrence remains one of the more under-intensified major intersections that is located right at a subway station along the Yonge line. There's a couple midrise a few blocks south that have been poking around for several years now, hopefully those finally proceed to get underway soon.

The SW corner of Y&L with the lowrise where Starbucks used to be is ripe for redevelopment too along with the neighbouring building to the south. Although that utilities type structure beside it may hinder its options.

North of Lawrence along Yonge, I'd like to see more gradual midrises. The area does have a healthy existing retail consistency along Yonge which is important to keep in consideration for future developments to maintain spaces for varied retail usages.

Back