Toronto 316 Bloor West | 121.14m | 37s | State Building Group | Kirkor

Board up on site, in case anyone wants to take pics. Seems to be black spandrel with a couple dozen neon green boxes protruding form the tower. White base. The design was okay. Ground level looked potentially decent, although it is really hard to tell with the image given.

Board up on site, in case anyone wants to take pics. Seems to be black spandrel with a couple dozen neon green boxes protruding form the tower. White base. The design was okay. Ground level looked potentially decent, although it is really hard to tell with the image given.

I cannot quite visualize this description. Is it something like Picasso, but with smaller boxes in different colours?

krJmfmsh.jpg

YCSkyzYh.jpg

Based on the description in the sign, we're looking at units with an average square footage of 482.9 square feet. If this isn't rental, it's taking "micro-condo" to a new level, and looks set up to be a glorified student residence (for students from rich families).

Edit: it might even be less square footage per average unit. My calculation was taking the GFA and subtracting the retail component. Any amenity space (even hallways) should also be subtracted.

Last edited:
Looks pretty decent to me, and if it does get built it certainly sets a precedent for the area. I hope there's plenty of retail since Bloor is a bit dead from here to Avenue Rd.

Looks fairly good from the pictures above, definitely sets a precedent for the area. Hopefully more projects like this get developed around the area and help relieve some of the housing problems UofT students face.

Dead in the water at 42 storeys.

As it should be. Density and height are great but this would absolutely dwarf the surrounding neighbourhood. Way too tall, way too quickly. Definitely should lose at least 5 storeys, if not more.

I disagree. What would be gained with such a cut? You've still got a tall building, just one that's slightly less tall. 80 years ago, Bloor Street was all single family detached manor houses. Things change. This is simply part of that evolution.

I especially like how this is only building on the one lot and not absorbing the whole row right to Spadina.

Back