Toronto JAC Condos | 108.5m | 34s | Graywood | Turner Fleischer

Just noticed... If anything does end up getting built here, some north-facing residents are going to have a view right into the pool deck of oasis aqualounge on mutual.

They'll risk getting quite an eyeful whenever they open their curtains.

Just doing a little clean-up and found that a supplementary report from TO's Planning Department from September 2012 noted that a revised proposal was in that decreased the floor count here from 50 to 43 storeys to try to bring the shadowing impact down on Allan Gardens… except that the Planning Department was still not satisfied. No update since then as far as I've found.

This property is almost directly in line with the Allan Gardens greenhouse to the east meaning afternoon sun will be lost at these heights when the sun is low (October to March?). I can't see this getting anything past 30 or 35 stories - or whatever maximum height is determined so that natural light reaches the greenhouse throughout the year.

111 Carlton Street (Best Western Primrose Hotel) has sold for $43.525 million. Looking on the lobbyist register and the news on the Queen/Mutual parking lot, there are links between the two owners (Arsandco/Duration). There is a laneway between the sites.

http://cfrealty.ca/_content/uploads/2013/08/LAND-Digest-Mar-2015.pdf

A few years ago I'd heard that the Primrose might convert to a supportive care residence. I doubt this even more now: $43M is an investment which anticipates gains that could only be made by redevelopment.

Done properly and with respectful non-shadowing heights, this could be a pair of fine buildings which address the park. Right now, it's a bare stretch, through poor design (Primrose's ugly blank wall) and circumstance (demolition).

111 Carlton Street (Best Western Primrose Hotel) has sold for $43.525 million. Looking on the lobbyist register and the news on the Queen/Mutual parking lot, there are links between the two owners (Arsandco/Duration). There is a laneway between the sites.

Awaiting the demolition!

Honestly, this area is much safer than it used to be. So is Allen Gardens. A condo development that takes into account the park across the street would be great. I welcome any change on Jarvis.

I welcome this purchase. I always wanted to see a central park esq like scenario with Allen Gardens where there are condo units facing the park. Of course at a smaller scale.

Where do you see anyone saying that the owners burnt the place down? (although to be honest with exactly that happening constantly throughout history its certainly a possibility)

Where do you see anyone saying that the owners burnt the place down? (although to be honest with exactly that happening constantly throughout history its certainly a possibility)
All it takes is for the owners not to check too often to be sure nobody has broken in and then, on a cold night, someone lights a fire and .... There was certainly someone living on the fire escape of this building last winter but I have not been past it recently.

Back