Toronto 300 Sidney Belsey Crescent | 65.8m | 24s | BGS Homes Inc | M. Shami Architect

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
300 SIDNEY BELSEY CRES
Ward 5: York South-Weston

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposed development of 4 residential apartment buildings.

This site is currently a vacant lot

9a876ca8743a91d1d0e78cd4dd7438af.jpg

A couple of notes on this one.

I don't know what's coming here; but I'm imagining some height.

The precedent directly across from this site is this: (which is 12 storeys)

1641564932519.png

The immediate neighbours are a park, a park, and a school.

There could be some shadowing issues to watch for, since this will sit to the south of the school.

But with significant open land to the west of the school, and lowrise to the east; I don't think a reasonable'ish ask will see trouble here; but that's speculative on my part.

I reviewed the lands in terms of floodplain since they abut the Humber Valley. The site is 100% outside of the regulatory floodplain, so no issue there.

I expect the developer will be required to concede the standard 10M from Stable top of bank along the valley side of the site, to the TRCA.

1641565335136.png

Overall site area is ~2 ha/ 5 acres.

Ha @Art Tsai beat me to it............but let me offer up the (first part of the) Cover Letter:

1666640616865.png

The Landscape Plan:

1666640744084.png

Hmm, surprised this doesn't have a natural heritage impact study associated with it.

Good to see the reduction in surface parking; though I would have voted for zero.

There's so many things wrong in this plan, I actually dont even know where to start.

The gated community style vibe is the first thing that gives you the sense that there's something seriously wrong with the entire concept. Then you add that pathetic "plazas" scattered around, then the surface parking, wasted space to accommodate car loops, etc. Sorry but this isnt California or Florida, they can go take that plan and pass it to one of the developers over there i'm sure they'd love this nonsense.

Will wait to see if the City are able to include any Affordable-Rental units in this deal..?

Back