Toronto 290 Sheppard West | 21.25m | 6s | Realtel | VFA

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
290 SHEPPARD AVE W
Ward 18 - North York District

Site Plan application for the proposal to construct a 6 storey hotel with a total of 6 parking spaces.

^ A later update to that story from 2016:

But anyways:

Small but gradual step to the journey in mid-risification along Sheppard. Redevelopments typically take the form of larger lots and property assemblies. But it's refreshing to see some smaller scaled projects mixed in there. As it provides a combination of varied and more organic growth, and contributes to a diverse streetscape that is also more in-line with what you may see in downtown or more established urban areas.

290 Sheppard Ave W would be the red house only:

Last edited:
A hotel in this part of town of all places?

Over half of the ground floor frontage is a driveway- awful. They should buy up the lots to the corner for a bigger site and access off of the side street.

A hotel in this part of town of all places?

Land is cheaper compared to Yonge Street, and various destinations are in walking distance like corporate offices and the Meridian Centre for the Arts. Plus, with all the small condos going up, people are less likely to have enough space for out-of-town visitors.

Although I have some doubt that the proponent here will end up getting this hotel concept built, I do like the massing though. There's a fair amount of assemblies made for larger midrises along Sheppard, so I don't mind seeing some smaller lot intensifications in there to mix things up.

Back