Toronto 287 Christie | 24.5m | 6s | Zinc Developments | RAW Design

How soon before Loblaws (just across the street @ Dupont & Christie) closes to make way for even more condos?
I'm still on topic too, because Loblaws is supposed to be one of the selling points for this future condo.
Fiesta Farms and Farm Boy are also close by.
(Will Loblaws still be around once the land @ 287 Christie finally gets the go ahead to build?)

How soon before Loblaws (just across the street @ Dupont & Christie) closes to make way for even more condos?
I'm still on topic too, because Loblaws is supposed to be one of the selling points for this future condo.
Fiesta Farms and Farm Boy are also close by.
(Will Loblaws still be around once the land @ 287 Christie finally gets the go ahead to build?)

Loblaws will redevelop that property at some point, but it’s not a priority for Choice given the lower density they could achieve on this site compared against many of their others. They will keep the store in the future development.

The site has so much surface parking that they could feasibly phase the development such that there is no downtime in the store. In the meantime, 287 Christie — which is already approved — enjoys perhaps the highest concentration of grocery stores in the city, between Farm Boy, Fiesta Farms, Summerhill, and the green grocers on Bloor.

In the meantime, 287 Christie — which is already approved — enjoys perhaps the highest concentration of grocery stores in the city, between Farm Boy, Fiesta Farms, Summerhill, and the green grocers on Bloor.
They have no low cost shopping though...Freshco, Basics and No Frills are all miles away.
(Loblaws does have better prices than Farm Boy. Sometimes better prices than other stores, but mostly, outside of their weekly flyer, they are expensive.)

Fiesta is not exactly No Frills, but is not particularly expensive. Anyways, a lot of random shopping trials have recently found that you can go to any of them and find some stuff that's cheaper and some stuff that's more expensive.

And living near the fruit stands on Bloor is a major benefit. I live near St. Lawrence Market now but still miss that.

Back