Toronto 280 Jarvis Street | 74.7m | 22s | Antorisa Investments | Giannone Petricone

I'm not in this area too frequently so this may have happened for a while now, but the upper level windows of the two houses north of the Harvey's are now boarded up.

20191204_134946.jpg
20191204_135023.jpg

^ I have a friend who used to live in the same building, although with a view facing the west. Great rooftop space, I miss hanging out there.

Watermain? Homeless deterrent? Or the actual project?

It's road work and watermain.

No permits have been pulled on the project.

You can also see fast-fence on both sides of the road, and pylons in the middle.

From TO Inview:

1630029893338.png

1630029923637.png

Fire at 282 Jarvis July 30, 2022
IMG_2459.jpeg

Photo of the north face of 282 Jarvis at 12:07 AM July 31. The fire broke out just before midnight. Fortunately Fire Services got it under control quickly. I spoke with a firefighter still on the scene this morning and he said it started in a second floor bathroom and may have been electrical. I know fires in vacant downtown structures are typically caused by vagrants but in this case the landlord had done a commendable job of sealing up the houses. It took firefighters at least 20 minutes to break through each of the fire exits on the north side of the building, and that was with the use of sledgehammers and rotary saws!

News report from Sunday:

Toronto fire were called to two, 2-alarm fires in downtown Toronto shortly after midnight Sunday.

The first fire broke out shortly after 12 a.m. a low-rise building at Jarvis and Gerrard streets.

According to Toronto police, smoke and flames could be seen.

Toronto Fire Services told CP24 that they arrived to a “fully involved fire.”

It took some time, but the fire has now been knocked down, a spokesperson said.

Crews remain on scene checking for hot spots.

Roads in front of the building are closed.

Firefighters attended a second fire at another nearby low-rise less than 20 minutes later.

The call for this incident came in a 12:19 at an address near Dundas and Sherbourne streets.

Nearby roads were also closed for emergency services.

No injuries were reported in either fire.

Back