Toronto 280 Jarvis Street | 74.7m | 22s | Antorisa Investments | Giannone Petricone

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is just north of Gerrard

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 2B4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 223526 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Sep 17, 2014

Project: SFD - Townhouse Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish 189, 191, & 193 Mutual St - Rowhouse.

Capturemutual.JPG

Attachments

• Capturemutual.JPG
    Capturemutual.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,257
A midrise incorporating those rowhouses could be cool; they mesh well with the street other than the fact that they're floating in the middle of a lot.

Looks like the north-west intersection of Gerrard/Jarvis is next

r1y7uf.jpg

280 JARVIS ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 16 271639 STE 27 OZ Dec 29, 2016 Application Received

All properties involved:

102 GERRARD ST E
104 GERRARD ST E
110 GERRARD ST E
280 JARVIS ST
284 JARVIS ST
288 JARVIS ST
290 JARVIS ST
189 MUTUAL ST
191 MUTUAL ST
193 MUTUAL ST

280 jarvis.jpg

Attachments

• 280 jarvis.jpg
    280 jarvis.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,729
I'm sad about Harvey's. But thrilled about green+ross. That place is an eyesore and is often quite fumey when passing by.

From the size of these assembled properties. This is looking like a major development of one to two high rises etc. They probably have to move the preserved homes aside for room the build the new structures.

I know. It's more of a cultural touchstone than anything else, I expect. I remember its seedy presence back in the early 80s when I was living at Jarvis and Maitland. All the working girls on the corner.

The heritage structures are well positioned for inclusion into a podium (or for building around them). Hopefully they can figure out a respectful way to maintain them.

Hooker Harvey's is infamous but I do not think any one is lamenting its loss.
I do recall a 'women of the night' getting her high heel caught in a grate near the entrance many years ago...the language that ensued!!!!#$@%%!!
Seriously I am very happy that this particular block will be developed. I am certain the two historical houses will be retained and move around the site to a corner and highlighted...I hope.

On another note I wonder about the lot where the gas station was next to the Keg Mansion...what's going on there? Is there already a site for that on here?

Back