Photo of the north face of 282 Jarvis at 12:07 AM July 31. The fire broke out just before midnight. Fortunately Fire Services got it under control quickly. I spoke with a firefighter still on the scene this morning and he said it started in a second floor bathroom and may have been electrical. I know fires in vacant downtown structures are typically caused by vagrants but in this case the landlord had done a commendable job of sealing up the houses. It took firefighters at least 20 minutes to break through each of the fire exits on the north side of the building, and that was with the use of sledgehammers and rotary saws!