Toronto The Residences at Bluffers Park | 81.1m | 23s | Skale | Turner Fleischer

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
2746 KINGSTON RD
Ward 20 - Scarborough District

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4501730&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

construct 411 residential apartment dwelling units within 2 buildings 13 & 16 stories in height

Currently the site of the Royal Motel:
1545224064510.png

2746 KINGSTON RD
Ward 20 - Scarborough District

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4501730&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Currently the site of the Royal Motel:
View attachment 168164

I am not surprised. These motels are from a time where Kingston Road was the main thoroughfare into and out of Durham Region. When they were built in the 1960s Scarborough was still the Township of Scarborough and not yet what it is today. This was where you would stop on the way to the cottage.

Honestly, the whole strip needs redevelopment rather than have the hourly rated motels.

I get that it's already absent from the existing context, but I wish they'd include ground floor retail / restaurant space here. This is one spot where I'd even like to see layby parking spots provided. That entire run of motels is going to be gone eventually, and there's an opportunity here to create a somewhat walkable strip from Brimley over to McCowan

I get that it's already absent from the existing context, but I wish they'd include ground floor retail / restaurant space here. This is one spot where I'd even like to see layby parking spots provided. That entire run of motels is going to be gone eventually, and there's an opportunity here to create a somewhat walkable strip from Brimley over to McCowan

There are some minor strip malls along there but the demand is primarily local. With the exception of Canadian Tire there is not much to bring people in and even the shops that are there are now are likely to be rehomed in any condos that are built.

Something missing from that area is a supermarket.

The nearest one is the ancient No Frills west of Midland. The small retail area near The Tire doesn't have one. There are none on St. Clair in the area. The next one to the east would be in the Guilldwood area or as far as Morningside.

There used to be a Foodland in the little plaza at McCowan but that closed some years ago.

Proposal looks ho hum, but livable.

But I don't like the landscape plan. They propose retaining an asphalt boulevard between the sidewalk and the curb.

There are some trees proposed, but the Kingston Rd. frontage ones are very tight to the building which will limit their growth potential.

The streetscape will not be materially improved by this proposal. That portion should be revisited.

There are some minor strip malls along there but the demand is primarily local. With the exception of Canadian Tire there is not much to bring people in and even the shops that are there are now are likely to be rehomed in any condos that are built.

For Scarborough the density in the area isn't bad. There are several apartment blocks nearby with more coming, plus there are two nearby high schools, it's a major throughfare, and this is also the nearest major intersection to Bluffer's Park.

I know the area well, and I'm under no illusion of it turning into the Annex, but it might at least resemble the better parts of the Queensway one day

For Scarborough the density in the area isn't bad. There are several apartment blocks nearby with more coming, plus there are two nearby high schools, it's a major throughfare, and this is also the nearest major intersection to Bluffer's Park.

I know the area well, and I'm under no illusion of it turning into the Annex, but it might at least resemble the better parts of the Queensway one day

Nice to see this decent development but the City is to blame over the past decades for not attentively planning this surrounding area of the bluffs to become a greater destination than what we are seeing. The bluffs and park have sold themselves behind the decay of motel strip and the City has missed a huge opportunity for urban revitalization for both residents & tourists.

Amazingly this park has done extremely well even with very poor transit access, & signage. Forget about the absurd trek down to bluffers if not by car up until this year there was no direct bus down Kingston rd. If there was even slight effort to plan the area as a destination in mind it could have been amazing for both tourists and residents w/ successful retail. Aside from the "avenues" condos I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve for such an rare City gem.

Last edited:
Fun Fact. This company unrightfully terminated the purchase and sale agreements for their previous development Spice Urban Towns. They are a bunch of snakes and I would not wish for my enemies to buy a condo with them since it feels like we were dragged through hell in that project. Furthermore, Warren Green is known for acting in bad faith since he has now been defeated in court multiple times:

Spice Urban Towns (2019)

Faliure to Abide by the Terms set out by the PSA (2013)
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2013/2013onsc186/2013onsc186.html?autocompleteStr=hi-rise &autocompletePos=2

Pro Tip: Just buy from a reputable developer...

Tags for the Search Engine: Hi-Rise Group, Spice Urban Towns, Warren Green, Rebuilt Construction

Do not buy from spice. Ordered by a judge to return deposit with tarion guidelines and 30 days later still no deposit.... laws have to stop protecting builders and start protecting buyers.. builders must be punished for their actions.

4ergwe3.JPG
warf.JPG

Reactions: PMT
Redesigned again:

32fss.jpg
vfqss.jpg

ef23fwesd.JPG

Back