Toronto Natasha Residences | 156.9m | 47s | Lanterra | BDP Quadrangle

Now branded as Storey Living. From their web site: http://storeyliving.com/live-with-us/

The Details
A Storey Living Home designed by Teeple Architects
Address: 263 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario
Number of homes: 353
Number of Storeys: 47

There was also a rendering:

Set back from the original facade and soaring to 47 storeys, the tower will be composed of vertical pre-cast curved bands to form undulating waves in a dazzling play of light and shadow, creating an opulent and spectacular surface.

263-Adelaide-Street-East-View-Night-big.jpg

Attachments

• 263-Adelaide-Street-East-View-Night-big.jpg
    263-Adelaide-Street-East-View-Night-big.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,232
For some reason this image doesn't appeal to me, but it could just be the rendering. I really like Teeple's design style, so I am going with it being the rendering being a bit too glossy, and not being able to clearly see what's going on with the north side.

Yeah, I'm sort of optimistic because Teeple, but it looks an awful lot like Cinema Tower (or Festival Tower, I always mix up the two; whichever one has the red podium and the curvy bit above it).

I think it safe to say Teeple is no longer the architect of record. This would be a massive course correction for them. I'd guess IBI followed by Kirkor and G+C.

I think it safe to say Teeple is no longer the architect of record. This would be a massive course correction for them. I'd guess IBI followed by Kirkor and G+C.

That sounds right. There's nothing in the architecture as rendered to suggest that Teeple had any part in the design. If they started designing buildings like this one, the firm would lose some of its lustre.

The plans were posted for this one on the cities development tracker in October. It is now 49 floors and 157m tall. The curve in the facade is to provide a 20m setback from PJ condos.

Back