Toronto 260 Adelaide West | 196.8m | 61s | CentreCourt | Sweeny &Co

Something new is up here............which will delay this project by at least a little bit.

In a report to next week's CreateTO meeting, we see this:

1668091275639.png

1668091297490.png

Report Link: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2023/ra/bgrd/backgroundfile-229883.pdf

Odd to see this after we've already gotten through the Final Approval stage.....

This is approved actually, so I went by this property as well as Freed's property across the street to inspect. In both cases tenants are still present, except for Crocodile Rock, which it turns out closed in March due to the pandemic. I didn't realize that, I thought it closed due to development ramping up. The things you learn from on-site inspections.

This is approved actually, so I went by this property as well as Freed's property across the street to inspect. In both cases tenants are still present, except for Crocodile Rock, which it turns out closed in March due to the pandemic. I didn't realize that, I thought it closed due to development ramping up. The things you learn from on-site inspections.

Croc Rock is part of another development, 240 Adelaide W—also ~200m tall. This development will replace the existing firehall.

@Northern Light

What's your take on CreateTO's mysterious joint venture regarding 254-260 Adelaide West? They are already a partner here with CentreCourt, no?

Do they want a bigger stake to trigger even more affordable units (up from 20%)?

I've been wondering about this one seemingly sitting........... it occurred to me, that I should track down the state of the Fire Hall relocation.

Its in the Capital budget for 2024, this year.

@HousingNowTO

I do not see permits in place for that project, but maybe I'm missing them, there are lots of permits at 55 John St.

I also don't see permits for 260 Adelaide. If they want the project to move apace, at least demo permits should be filed shortly.

Last edited:
CentreCourt don't even have this site on their "active" project map today - https://centrecourt.com/projects/

Even with the recent HST-waivers, etc - does 813-units of new-build RENTAL development make sense on that very-expensive development location in Spring 2024..??
1710648103341.png

Back