Toronto 260 Adelaide West | 196.8m | 61s | CentreCourt | Sweeny &Co

Yup, after Rail Deck Park became a thing, Cressy couldn't plead for park-in-lieu funds to be handed over for both. I imagine that whomever is councillor down here next will be pushing for a little parkette on the site though, about 10% of the developable area: the area is park deficient and they likely won't want in-lieu funds, but an actual parkette.

10% would only be a ~3,000sf park.. not very big. Perhaps some other cash-in-lieu money could be used to bump it up a bit?

It would depend on what value they add to the overall project. Even with those properties, you may not get 25m between two towers so unless they're reasonably priced, they wont't add much and may not be worth it.

It would depend on what value they add to the overall project. Even with those properties, you may not get 25m between two towers so unless they're reasonably priced, they wont't add much and may not be worth it.

Ugh? a intersection property would not add much and may not worth it to a tower development??
isn't it the corner warehouse we're talking about @ John street?
229 richmond.PNG

Attachments

• 229 richmond.PNG
    229 richmond.PNG
    977.4 KB · Views: 2,552
It's not a priority. 229 Richmond is a large enough site for a tower and podium building. You can create a massive development site by buying the corner building, Jack Astors and the public lane but, it's going to cost you. The bigger the site, the more you borrow, the less you end up pocketing. I don't see the rationale in wasting years to consolidate these blocks together. I don't see it happening.

Back