Toronto 2525 Bathurst Street | 49.38m | 13s | Cromwell | Arcadis

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
2525 BATHURST ST
Ward 16 - North York District

Construct 13 storey rental housing apartment building containing 162 dwelling units including 32 replacement rental units.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 152027 NNY 16 OZ May 9, 2016 Under Review

After the initial submission in May, the City got back to them with a number of issues, and a resubmission was made in October. The revisions are fairly minor, and the building continues to be 13 storeys…

rW2gQ2m6Ws.jpeg

Hello, this looks like it will be an exciting addition to the Bathurst & Eglinton neighbourhood. Does anyone know if there will be retail on the main floor of this building? i.e. groceries, pharmacy, coffee shops...? Thanks!

Hello, this looks like it will be an exciting addition to the Bathurst & Eglinton neighbourhood. Does anyone know if there will be retail on the main floor of this building? i.e. groceries, pharmacy, coffee shops...? Thanks!
I lived for 20 years a few houses from this location. The area BADLY needs some retail. There is no retail on Bathurst between Eglinton and Glencairn at all. As a kid when I wanted to grab some candy I would walk over to Marlee.

for what it's worth it seems like they tried to keep the rental replacement units basically the same size as the existing ones, so as far as new build layouts go they're fairly generous in size (probably $$ though. The recently demolished building was one of the less maintained / more stodgy buildings in the area with the nicer ones asking ~1800 for a studio so I'd imagine anything new will be around there or more)

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 7.05.37 PM.png

Not necessarily the most pedestrian travelled, but this stretch of Bathurst between Eglinton and Glencairn is kind of neat. Reminds me a bit of Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn. Retail here would have been preferable though, considering the steady density in the area.

Back