Toronto 250 University | 155.76m | 47s | Northam | IBI Group

Bank of Canada building, s/w corner of University Avenue and Queen.

Not sure about extent of heritage protection, if any, but nice facade, would hate to see that go.

I believe the site is contemplated for an entrance to the new subway station as well.

Tall?

Bank of Canada building, s/w corner of University Avenue and Queen.

Not sure about extent of heritage protection, if any, but nice facade, would hate to see that go.

I believe the site is contemplated for an entrance to the new subway station as well.

No kidding

dHAPnmt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rbt
Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevelopment on the lands municipally known as 250 University Avenue for a 54-storey mixed-use building. The project consists of a mix of 495 residential units, 669 sq. m. of retail space, 12,463 sq. m of office space, and 36,337 sq. m of residential area. This results in a total gross floor area of 49,469 sq. metres.

Honestly I rather see a well executed tower from scratch than more whatever-franken-dectomy. Nobody lay any fingers, or have indecent designs on 200 University Ave. though!

AoD

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOO! Enough with dropping glass condo towers on classic commercial buildings. Leave the building alone! Worst case, do a matching addition like 179 John or the Shell Oil building at 505 University.

If Manhattan can protect 80% from redevelopment there's no reason Toronto shouldn't be able to keep redevelopment for buildings like this. 50 storey towers isn't how you make housing affordable.

Back