Toronto Allure | 139.5m | 43s | Emblem Developments | Arcadis

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
236 KING ST E
Ward 13: Toronto Centre

Development Applications

Project description:
Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevelopment of the site with a 40-storey mixed-use building: 488 units, 33,242.40 sq. m. residential GFA, 604.50 sq. m. retail GFA. The front portions of the existing heritage property at 234- 236 King Street and the properties at 240 and 242 King Street will be conserved and incorporated into the development.. Site includes 162 Princess Street.

This site is owned by Emblem Developments and includes the following properties:

234-240 King St W:

1608722246046.png

242-250 King St W:

1608722217044.png

162 Princess St:

1608722472521.png

Attachments

• 1608722188617.png
    1608722188617.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 317
You think this tower will be a start of more skyscrapers coming to this area in the future? Or will they chop it down a third of the size.

What a rich dark looking building with the dark glaze windows ! If this building goes through it's going to pop out from a distance when completed . With it's dark reflective windows at sunrise and sunset !

I went through the PDF of the zoning plans. Basically they want to build right up against the east facing side of kings court condo and the south side of the loft building on Adelaide Street. If this building is going to be as tall as they say it will be, there will essentially be no light of day for any of the residents facing this grey structure or the the west-facing buyers of who decide to buy floors 1-16 of this new future condo. Every condo never end up looking like the original renderings because architects never agree with engineers. So more than likely, this will be a hideous addition to St. Lawerence area.

I went through the PDF of the zoning plans. Basically they want to build right up against the east facing side of kings court condo and the south side of the loft building on Adelaide Street. If this building is going to be as tall as they say it will be, there will essentially be no light of day for any of the residents facing this grey structure or the the west-facing buyers of who decide to buy floors 1-16 of this new future condo. Every condo never end up looking like the original renderings because architects never agree with engineers. So more than likely, this will be a hideous addition to St. Lawerence area.

Sun will be limited for west or north-facing units, particularly on the lower levels; that said, most units will not be up against the adjacent property.

There is a separation distance of 7.74M to the west except for those units that face south on the lower levels.

That's about 25ft.

Most of the north face has 11M separation (36ft)

I won't debate that this is less than ideal. At least from my perspective it would be.

But it’s not fair to suggest they will be completely w/o sun, for the most part.

The tightest configuration, I think, on the north is 7.8M inclusive of balconies.

While the west is actually wider on the bottom with a 13.2M opening

This is the 3rd floor diagram:

1609989153538.png

Back