Toronto 25 St Mary | 204m | 59s | Tenblock | gh3

Biggest issue with this building when I was living there was the amount of smoke smell that came through the vents! Pretty sure, it destroyed my furniture and every lease allows people to smoke so it is very annoying in the winter months

Councillor Matlow has sent an open letter to the Infrastructure and Environment Ctte asking for to permit drinking in select Toronto Parks this year.

From the post above:

He formally recommends that the city introduce a pilot program to sanction the consumption of alcoholic beverages up to 15% ABV in public parks and beaches with public washrooms between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. from May 21 until Oct. 31 of this year, to start.
Can we have the police who used to monitor for this redeployed to ticket people for littering in parks? I recall last year it was crazy, and a lot of it was beer cans and liquor bottles.

Can we have the police who used to monitor for this redeployed to ticket people for littering in parks? I recall last year it was crazy, and a lot of it was beer cans and liquor bottles.
The homeless and kids use the discarded cans and bottles to be paid for the deposits. They don't stay there long.

There is a report coming to the Infrastructure Committee next week that recommends a on-year extension to an Agreement between City and Hydro. They are apparently trying to renegotiate a better Agreement as the 2016 one is clearly not working as shown in this:

"The existing Construction Coordination Agreement between the City and Toronto Hydro has a term of five (5) years and expires on June 10, 2021. The City and Toronto Hydro staff have worked diligently to follow the protocols outlined in the Construction Coordination Agreement with varying degrees of success. Both parties are currently addressing the lessons learned and working together on areas of improvement for a new long-term Construction Coordination Agreement, or revisions to the existing Construction Coordination Agreement. This one-year extension (and delegation for further one-year extensions as may be required), is intended to allow adequate time to develop and reach agreement with Toronto Hydro, in consultation with Legal Services." See: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ie/bgrd/backgroundfile-165813.pdf

As we have all seen, working with Toronto Hydro is generally a very convoluted process and they almost inevitably cause lengthy project delays. Unfortunate, since they are actually owned by the City!

This is the first time that I have opened a new forum discussion page, so mods, feel free to edit if the formatting is incorrect. Today, residents of of 25 St. Mary, including myself, received a letter of intent, indicating that a plan to redevelop the site is about to go to the City of Toronto.
20210421_175539.jpg

What's there now: (St. Mary frontage)

1619090041250.png

Aerial View with approximate site size:

1619090149438.png

This site has a development UT is tracking right next door at 1075 Bay Street.

The height precedent for that site is 59s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, when I came home to that notice, I was surprised, but not shocked. The land is prime, and surveyors have been onsite several times in the past few months.

We have been considering a move out of the city for a year or so now, THIS situation may have just clarified the timeline!

This site has a development UT is tracking right next door at 1075 Bay Street.

The height precedent for that site is 59s.

Small discussion of this site in an old UT thread here:

This is how both buildings look today (April 22 2021)

IMG_7806.jpg

This is the first time that I have opened a new forum discussion page, so mods, feel free to edit if the formatting is incorrect. Today, residents of of 25 St. Mary, including myself, received a letter of intent, indicating that a plan to redevelop the site is about to go to the City of Toronto. View attachment 314247
On a personal note, it seems your life is about to be upended. I can only hope for the best outcome for you and other residents wrapped up in this. /bows

the fact that buildings like this are getting demolished and replaced but the 2 storey houses directly behind it are sacrosanct is a crime against this planet.

Agree - though there can be a happy medium - the block immediately to the south east bounded by Yonge-Irwin-St. Nicholas-Cottage could be densified without having to eliminate the entire fabric; just as it is unclear as to whether wholesale redevelopment of this site is the best solution.

AoD

Back